Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Barnett Laptop Hoop Frames - need help deciding >

Barnett Laptop Hoop Frames - need help deciding

Barnett Laptop Hoop Frames - need help deciding

Old 05-22-2013, 09:05 AM

I cannot express how much I absolutely LOVE my Barnett's Laptop Hoop... I bought the 14" hoop and also the floor stand. I can adjust the height, and the angle to exactly the proper fit for me... I had chosen a fleur-de-lis pattern for diamond-shaped blocks and since I can't quilt in all directions, had to turn the quilt frequently... the Barnett's hoop made this so much easier than wrestling a simple hoop. I'd found the one that sits on a ball, but it broke after only about a month... that's when DH said to order Harry's hoop.

Now about the quality of the hoop and stand... It is the smoothest piece of wood I've ever seen! There is not ONE SINGLE snag or sharp anything on this hoop and stand! And Harry was so personable, too! It was truly a great investment for me... yes, I had to scrimp and save, but I'm so glad I did!!!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Power Poster

Floor hoops are very different from lap hoops. I believe the original poster was asking about lap hoops.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:18 AM
Power Poster

Floor hoops are very different from lap hoops. I believe the original poster was asking about lap hoops. If you are using a floor stand with the hoop, then it is adjustable whereas the lap hoop without floor stand is not.