Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Batiks - Connecting Threads

Has anyone ever purchased batiks at Connecting Threads - I have purchased fabric - But never batiks

http://www.connectingthreads.com/cff...ist.cfm?ID=117

They are having a sale on them - when I look at the prices of fabrics on other on-line stores - theses are so cheap - I begin to question their quality - are their batiks as good as there other fabrics?

i prefer the quality of Hoffman 1895 over the batiks from Connecting Threads and you can get them for $1 less at Thousands of Bolts ($5.95 compared to $6.96).

I love the batiks from Connecting Threads.

I just three of the batik charm packs, to check them out, & they seem fine to me. I would hesitate to by larger pieces now. The batik designs are nice & the colors are wonderful! The prices are nice too, another plus!

Banned
    I have bought batiks from Connecting Threads and just love them. Not a huge selection, but what they do offer is very, very nice.

While the batiks from CT are nice I have found that the colors are not really true to what is in the catalog or my monitor. I agree that I find the Hoffman batiks from Thousands of Bolts a much better value and also fabric depot http://www.fabricdepot.com/index.php...gPage&pageid=9
    Regularly has close out batiks at $5.50 per yard and are currently running a 35% off sale on all fabric so most of the batiks are around $6 p/y
    I have been much happier with these over the CT batiks.

I bought a large collection from them and the quality is great,I really love every thing I have ever gotten from them,esp. the Batiks.

I made a quilt with the blue batiks from CT, and I thought they were great.

I bought 2 of the strip sets they used to have called Island Paradise that was batiks and made a jelly roll quilt with them. I loved them. I also have a fat quarter sampler to make a Turning Twenty. I thought the quality was great and can't beat the price. Oh! and I love their thread too!!!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I love CT's batiks. They are very soft!
    But my favs are the ones Roberta gets. I think her username is bobbie1414

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNEC
    Has anyone ever purchased batiks at Connecting Threads - I have purchased fabric - But never batiks

They are having a sale on them - when I look at the prices of fabrics on other on-line stores - theses are so cheap - I begin to question their quality - are their batiks as good as there other fabrics?

I bought their batik fqs and was thrilled w/ them. I prewashed and they didn't even bleed as I expected. Haven't used them yet as I don't know just what pattern I want to use.

I recently ordered a bunch of batiks from them and I was thrilled, I haven't had a chance to use them yet, though. I accidentally got a batik 1/2yrd cut from them once, and when I let them know of the mistake they told me to keep it (and they did send me the correct piece). I used it in a quilt for my son where all of the other fabrics are regular cotton...Save for the design of the batik, since I know what it looked like before, you can't tell, by feel or look that it is any different. It feels exactly the same as the Northcott fabric right beside it. It is dark blue and didn't bleed at all into the yellow Northcott (I used the two of them in borders), nor did it bleed into the white in my quilt...and I almost never pre wash.

I will say though, I agree with the comment above that the website pictures are not true to the colours of the batiks. The real thing is actually much nicer and more vibrant. I was pleasantly surprised when I ordered the whole line of "swirl" batiks, for them to come and be much nicer than I expected.

Blog Entries
    Do you buy your 1895 Hoffman batiks online? Do you have an address, either for LQS or online?

Quote Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
    i prefer the quality of Hoffman 1895 over the batiks from Connecting Threads and you can get them for $1 less at Thousands of Bolts ($5.95 compared to $6.96).

I just got my order of Batik's from Thousands of Bolts and I am very happy with them! Excellent quality.

Yes, I have and they are very good.

I have used the batiks from Connecting Threads and loved them. They are a little thinner than their other fabrics, but very silky feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandmaLola
    I have used the batiks from Connecting Threads and loved them. They are a little thinner than their other fabrics, but very silky feeling.
    Yes, they do feel different but the look is very much like the more expensive ones. I wish they had a larger selection, maybe they will if these sell well.

I love their batiks -I sew 90% of my quilting projects using batiks.

My personal opinion is that all of CT fabric is thinner than Thousand of Bolts and others and I bought it once and didn't like the quality and don't buy from there anymore. I love TofB fabric, but it's all personal choice.

Blog Entries
    I bought the sampler fat quarter pack of all CT batiks. They are excellent. I have lot of Hoffman and Timeless Treasures batiks so I can compare all of them, no difference between the three that I can tell.

Blog Entries
    I just placed an order. I'd ordered some batiks from Hancock's but they don't always send the entire order because some is on back order so I ordered exactly what I wanted from Connecting Threads as well. I was going to make several of the runners anyway so I'm covered with my DH when he asks why two packages ;-)

I'm working on a top right now using the CT batkis and have had no problems with the fabric.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNEC

I have and hae been MORE THAN SATISFIED.......

I have, just be sure to check colorfastness

I wait for sales a the LQS or Hancock Paducah. I tred Conn Threads and waqs disappointed in the quality. Youcan see through the fabric. Thread count must be low.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast