Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Batting prices >

Batting prices

Batting prices

Old 05-02-2022, 05:59 AM

my recent scare is when I go to the grocery store. Not only are prices up, but so many things are out of stock where I am. My store and microwave are aged and I don't know if I should try and get replacements now or wait until they are totally toast! My friend just got her new dishwasher after waiting for over a year. I got a new washer and dryer about a year ago and but I got a bigger one than I planned on cuz they only had a grand total of 5 in stock. I had a choice between 3 sizes, huge, a bit less huge, and tiny, tiny. So this is our new norm for now, lack of store inventory and ever increasing prices. Thankful for my huge stash of fabric, thread, and now sewing machines!
Old 05-02-2022, 06:00 AM
Power Poster

I found out about the Joann's vs WalMart pricing. Also no shipping at Walmart to buy the same roll of batting. It really pays to do online comparison shopping. I ordered a second roll.
Old 05-02-2022, 06:06 AM

WMUTeach....Marshall Dry Goods has it for $250 today.
Old 05-02-2022, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

The local Walmart here has Warm and Natural in the several sizes. The Queen batting is $19.99. I buy a package every time I go there. My husband waited for eight months or a car part, at least he was able to drive the car with out it. Many cars were at the dealership garage waiting for parts and have been there for months. I bought a new microwave when it was a very low price last Christmas. It's the same as I'm using now so it's put up until needed. I buy the new small appliances during the Christmas sales to save. My toaster oven that I like that fits perfectly died, I knew it was long past warranty and would probably quit soon. I had another one saved I bought for $19.99 on clearance last winter. A new one is now priced at $89.00. That was a sticker shock!
Old 05-02-2022, 07:32 AM

It has been going up. Just like everything else you buy.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:58 AM

Normally I get the Warm and Natural, but I'm going to be using a lot of white in my next few quilts so I thought I'd give the Warm and White a try. The Warm and White roll is on sale right now and in stock at Joann's.

Last edited by berrynice; 05-02-2022 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-02-2022, 10:07 AM

Is fabric.com [ use Amazon]

Is warm & N available at Marshall's ( that has been mentioned ) ?

No affiliations for the above
Old 05-02-2022, 10:52 AM

EVERYTHING is going up!
Old 05-02-2022, 11:13 AM

Looking for batting??? Try the Batting Super Store.com. They have frequent sales. Education and about the most consistent prices and large variety of specialty battings.
Old 05-02-2022, 11:48 AM

Yikes! I am at the point of needing more to finish several flimsies.

As others have mentioned, everything is up - offshoring all our factories and then having to ship stuff back from around the globe sure was short-sighted.

But that is all corporations care about - the next quarter earnings report and the bottom line.

They are also reaping record profits since the pandemic but trying to blame labor costs for the supply chain woes and inflation. Anything to keep the little people fighting other little people for crumbs without having time to wonder who ate the bulk of the cake. No one earns a billion dollars.

Oops! I almost fell off my soap box. : )