Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
batting >

batting

batting

Old 11-20-2013, 08:34 PM

It all depends on what I am doing. Charity quilts are often done with poly batting. Yes, I don't like it but it works and is affordable for the groups I am in.

I tend to use W&N. My real wish is to do one of my quilts with silk batting. That will be a long time coming as it is so expensive.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:38 AM
Power Poster

I love, love, love wool battings, Hobbs & Dream wool are the 2 I go to most often- but wool is not always a practical choice- (expensive- reserved for special quilts) I also really like all of the batting choices from the Dream company- dream green is a nice choice for kids quilts that will take a beating. my general *adult/large bed quilt* go to batting is Hobbs Heirloom 80/20. Connecting Threads often has good batting sales. I recommend picking up different battings when you find them on sale & giving them a try- see what YOU like. in the past 10 years I have found I pretty much NEVER choose Warm & Natural- if a customer brings it- I use what they want- and it is (OK) to work with; I much prefer battings with some loft, soft, coziness- over flat, stiff W&N.