Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Batting - Warm Blend 50/50 >

Batting - Warm Blend 50/50

Batting - Warm Blend 50/50

Old 02-12-2011, 12:40 PM

I'm getting rather low on batting having been quilting up a snow storm this past month. I just discovered a new product to me, "Warm Blend" from the Warm Company. I usually buy their Warm and White. This new product is a blend of 50 percent cotton and 50 percent poly. Have any of you used this? I need to place an order soon for batting and wanted some feedback before I decide for or against it....... ;)

Product description: Pure white; warm cotton fibers are blended with pillow-soft; polyester fibers giving quilters the best of both worlds. Quilted lines and designs are highlighted as stitches sink deep; achieving lofty dimension in the finished quilt. 50% bleached cotton fibers are combined with 50% polyester fibers and punched with hundreds of needles into a strong; thin base material to prevent tearing; shifting or migration. The needling process holds the fibers together without glue or resins. The evenly layered fibers stay in place inside your quilt even with generations of washings. Made in USA.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:10 PM

I would check the specifications about how far apart quilting lines can be with this product. With Warm and Natural, I think it's 10 to 12 inches. I just did a baby quilt with polyester high loft and it says 2 to 4 inches. Can really make a difference if you quilt your own quilts.

A longarm quilter that I used in the past used Hobbs' 80/20. That's been my only experience with blended batting.

Sue
Old 02-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Power Poster

I'm a warm and natural (and warm and white) fan but I may need to give that one a try. It sounds like it may be warmer than the other ones.