Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Beam n Read >

Beam n Read

Beam n Read

Old 11-29-2014, 06:34 PM

Default Beam n Read

I need more lighting when hand quilting or sewing.Has anyone used this light for hand quilting or sewing? Your reviews of this product, pros and cons ,would be appreciated.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:41 PM
Power Poster

I read the reviews on Amazon and then had one sent to my mil. What I gathered from the reviews is that it works pretty well for women less than 5'10" tall. The magnifier is not good, but the light is. There are two colored filters you can choose from to change the color of the light if you don't like the blue-white light of the LED bulbs. Here's a link to the reviews if you want to check them out yourself:
http://www.amazon.com/LED-Deluxe-Bri...ustomerReviews
Old 11-29-2014, 07:09 PM
Power Poster

OK, In addition to the comment made about the height of the person who uses the light, there should also be a comment about the, um, endowment of the user. I have a similar device & where it rests on my person makes it un useable. If I use the full length of the neck strap, the light points straight out, not down at my handwork. I've tried scooting it up higher on my chest, but then the light is blocked by, well, you get the idea.
Just see if you can return it if you don't like it, or save up your money & get an floor ott lamp when they are on sale.

Last edited by PaperPrincess; 11-29-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:41 PM
Power Poster

OMG. Well, thank goodness my mil is ummmm..... Well, hopefully it works for her. I will find out tomorrow night when we call (assuming she tried it out).
Old 11-29-2014, 09:20 PM

I have one and like it very much. The reason I wanted one was for traveling. It seems no one else lights their homes well enough for me to sew when I visit. (Also, to tell the truth, I am not overly endowed so can't say one way or the other on that side. And I am 5'9".)
Old 12-01-2014, 10:43 AM

Thanks for the link to Amazon.I'll check it out. And as I am not overly endowed or tall, hoping it will work.