Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beginner quilter

Blog Entries
    I took advice from ladies running a quilt shop and bought a pattern called "Strip Cocktail." It wasn't fool proof for a beginner like me, but pretty close. (I didn't have such consistent 1/4" seams). It made up quite beautiful as the jelly rolls were all color/pattern compatabile. Good luck. Oh, the 3rd quilt I did was "The big block quilt." That's really fun as it goes together quickly; it's a modern, contemporary look.
    Mavis

Quote Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
    Take a look at Eleanor Burns , Quilt in a Day books/patterns. Her directions are some of the best written. She also has lots of free videos on her site. For beginners ... its tough to beat Eleanor Burns.
    I second this!! Her books are the best I have for clear and concise directions - and they are illustrated every step of the way. Maybe you could try a simple sampler so you can try out a few different blocks.

Good luck and welcome to the world of quilting!!
    -Chris-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blessed are the children of quilters, for they shall inherit the quilts....

It does not do well, Harry, to dwell on the dreams....and forget to live. - Albus Dumbledore

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to NancyLS and Im Wood from Northern California. You have come to a great place. Look forward to seeing your works. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2