Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bernina adapter foot >

Bernina adapter foot

Bernina adapter foot

Old 02-29-2020, 07:08 AM
Power Poster

Default Bernina adapter foot

The generic ruler feet available will not work on Bernina machines due to the Bernina different foot attachment post. The Bernina ruler foot is quite expensive. Luckily I purchased my B ruler foot and rulers at a more reasonable price before they really caught on. I wonder if others could get the Bernina Adapter foot on Amazon about $ 20 and then purchase a Westalee ruler foot or similar? Just putting it on QB for maybe an option for some?
Old 03-01-2020, 05:19 AM

I have a generic adapter for my Bernina 1008. It works just fine.
Old 03-01-2020, 08:19 AM

There are 2 Bernina "half shank adapters." #75 is used for things like the "Curve Master" or generic invisible zipper foot. The #77 adapter is a little shorter and will work with the Westalee low shank foot and low shank rulers. That's what I use on my machine, because the Bernina foot hadn't come out when I started using rulers. Bernina doesn't currently make the #72 foot for the older machines, only for the newer machines (30 years old and newer). So if you have an older Bernina, the #77 adapter and Westalee foot are your best options.

You can adjust the height on the Bernina foot (#72) for different battings and fabrics. It's a very good presser foot! Plus the back of the foot is higher, so you can use thicker rulers.