Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bernina Deco 650 >

Bernina Deco 650

Bernina Deco 650

Old 06-10-2011, 02:52 PM

Anyone know anything about this machine. I have one lined up to look at and looking for some info. I should add that they are asking $200.00 for it. Thanks
Old 06-10-2011, 03:50 PM

I don't know anything about them how ever why not call a Bernina dealer and inquire about them
good luck
Old 06-10-2011, 04:22 PM

Check eBay to get an idea about prices. Check for reviews from patternreview.com. Good luck!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:36 PM

I have a Deco 600 which is very similar. It was my first embroidery machine. They are embroidery only machines with a 4x4 hoop and they're very sturdy, reliable little machines. You can buy a larger hoop for them that can be used with split designs. But you have to either buy embroidery cards with split designs, or have software to split them yourself.

The only way to get designs to the machine besides buying design cards is to buy a card reader or software of some sort. PED basic has been talked about a lot on this site. Here's a link.

http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp22792-0165.html

I would highly recommend investing in the software or a card reader rather than buying design cards. The cards are expensive and most of the time you'll only use a few of the designs on the card. There are many websites that sell designs and offer free ones as well and they're much cheaper than buying cards.

Feel free to PM me and I'll try to answer any questions you might have.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterGary
Anyone know anything about this machine. I have one lined up to look at and looking for some info. I should add that they are asking $200.00 for it. Thanks
ROFL ... is that the on CraigsList in Naperville IL? Hubby pointed that one out to me today.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:51 PM

The Deco is a great machine, although a bit dated... its perhaps 6 years old or so. The only issue might be the way to transfer info to the machine is only through a magic box and a blank design card. That might be a limit for some depending on what kind of computer you might be using to store and transfer embroidery designs. Its a really great machine though if you want to monogram and stuff with the designs that are already installed.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
ROFL ... is that the on CraigsList in Naperville IL? Hubby pointed that one out to me today.
Yes, they may have sold it they have not called me. Thanks for the info. I have looked on ebay and did the google thing. Just wondered if you'll had any insite.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:59 PM

Yes, they may have sold it they have not called me. Thanks for the info. I have looked on ebay and did the google thing. Just wondered if you'll had any insite.
No insight here except I did notice it came with the "magic card" which is a good thing. I didn't write as after talking to hubby we are at odds whether I need/want an embroidery machine. (strangly enough - he is for it, I'm against it!).

Hope you get it, sounds like a good deal.