Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Husquarna Viking Sewing Machine OPAL 650 or 670

Husquarna Viking Sewing Machine OPAL 650 or 670

Thinking about purchasing the Husquarna Viking Machines 650 or 670. Anyone experienced problems with either one of these machines?

I have a Platinum 950 that about 10+ years old. Never have had an issue with this machine. Absolutely love it. So while not the specific model you are looking at, I would still highly recommend the Viking. Friend has the Sapphire from about 3-5 years ago with the same opinion. I don't think you can go wrong with it. Good luck.

Thanks, this helps alot
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Quilter View Post
    I have a Platinum 950 that about 10+ years old. Never have had an issue with this machine. Absolutely love it. So while not the specific model you are looking at, I would still highly recommend the Viking. Friend has the Sapphire from about 3-5 years ago with the same opinion. I don't think you can go wrong with it. Good luck.

http://new.husqvarnaviking.com/getat...l_ENG.pdf.aspx

this is a comparason chart for the two models of Opal. the 670 has a few features I would like like thread cutter and a sensor to know when running out of bobbin.

I love my Vikings, you will not regret it.
    Jean in MI

Love my Vikings. I have the Platinum 955 and the Mega Quilter and the Tribute. I have never had an issue with my Vikings. I have had 2 of the Emerald series and had no problems there either.

Thanks, I checked out the comparison chart and I'm leaning toward the 670. Local dealer has sale right now where the 670 has a discount of $300 off. However, it's still a little pricely for ME (I'm very conservative) so I want to make sure before I spend the money to invest in one that there are no problema with the Viking machines.

Blog Entries
    Make sure you take the machine you are buying for a test drive in the store. And ask for a 30 day money back guarantee. In this environment where the Huskies are made in China, you can get a lemon. (Good advice for any machine nowadays). Also, if $$$s are an issue, look on Ebay for a price comparison from a online dealer, and ask for the same price from your dealer.
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.