Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bernina Virtuosa 163

Bernina Virtuosa 163

Does anyone know how to check the hours on this machine?

Thanks!

I'm not 100% positive but I believe that is only something an authorized Bernina dealer or service technician can do.

I think you're right, feline fanatic.

Okay, I just googled. If you google, there are some youtubes telling you how to check hours. There are some for different models so you might have to look and find one close to yours and try that. I'm actually going to check mine tonight. It would be interesting to see how many hours I have on my 20 year old Bernina.
    Last edited by cashs_mom; 05-12-2017 at 10:29 AM.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

No, there is a video on checking the time and stitches on U Tube. Just look up bernina tutorials. It is in with those.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

I don't believe it's an option for that model. Here's a link I found on YouTube: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/296604325433803724/ But it's for a machine with a touch screen, and the buttons aren't the same. I know how to do it on the 4 Series up to the 7 Series machines, but have never done it on the Virtuosos.

I think it's a big no-no for a Bernina dealer to give that info out to the general public. You can imagine what a customer could mess up if they got into the service panel and started pushing buttons they didn't understand. It could turn into a big problem!
    Annette in Utah

I've always wondered if the service guy resets the hours during the Bernina spa day.

Yes, we re-set the hours on the service panel when you bring your machine in for a service. But only on the 4 - 8 Series machines. It's like the mileage meter on your car. There's a "trip" counter that can be re-set, but the total mileage cannot be re-set. On some of them, we can even see how much time you've used the BSR, embroidery and regular stitches.

When the oil light or service light comes on your machine, it doesn't necessarily mean your machine needs oiling or servicing. It just means you've gone so many stitches, and it's just a reminder. So, when the light comes on, you don't have to worry about hurting the machine, because the light is on. And if you oil the machine, that doesn't make the light go off. It's just a stitch count that makes it turn on.
    Last edited by quiltedsunshine; 05-13-2017 at 06:07 PM.
    Annette in Utah

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine View Post
    Yes, we re-set the hours on the service panel when you bring your machine in for a service. But only on the 4 - 8 Series machines. It's like the mileage meter on your car. There's a "trip" counter that can be re-set, but the total mileage cannot be re-set. On some of them, we can even see how much time you've used the BSR, embroidery and regular stitches.

When the oil light or service light comes on your machine, it doesn't necessarily mean your machine needs oiling or servicing. It just means you've gone so many stitches, and it's just a reminder. So, when the light comes on, you don't have to worry about hurting the machine, because the light is on. And if you oil the machine, that doesn't make the light go off. It's just a stitch count that makes it turn on.
    Wow, interesting! I learn something new every day! I had no idea that some sewing machines had a 'mileage meter'! Is it only Bernina that puts that in their machines, or do other manufactures do it too?
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Yes, lots of machines have a stitch counter.
    Annette in Utah

Accessing the service panel is done by pushing the right buttons. I've accessed it on my Bernina 180 becaue I bought it used, but just haven't been interested enough to find out how to do it on my other machines.
    Penny

Quote Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
    Wow, interesting! I learn something new every day! I had no idea that some sewing machines had a 'mileage meter'! Is it only Bernina that puts that in their machines, or do other manufactures do it too?
    My Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond records "on time", "sewing" and "embroidery".