Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Best HQ Sweet 16 Dealer/Service Center in Portland, OR?? >

Best HQ Sweet 16 Dealer/Service Center in Portland, OR??

Best HQ Sweet 16 Dealer/Service Center in Portland, OR??

Old 08-04-2014, 05:16 PM

Default Best HQ Sweet 16 Dealer/Service Center in Portland, OR??

We are traveling to Portland at the end of September and thought it would be a good opportunity to take my machine in for a service. Can anyone recommend a dealer in or near Portland that you think is top notch? I bought my machine second hand, so don't have my own dealer and I live in the middle of nowhere, so everything is several hours away, thus the opportunity of Portland.... My machine has never been serviced that I know of...but she is now just under the 1,000,000 stitch count :-)
Thanks,
Kathy
Old 08-04-2014, 11:28 PM

I live 2 hours south of Portland, so haven't been there myself, but you might want to check out Montavilla Sewing Centers. There are 3 stores I think. I believe I've seen the Sweet 16 at their show booths. Good luck.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:01 AM
Power Poster

There is a Montavilla in Fabric Depot in Portland. Now there's an opportunity if I ever saw one. I really like my sewing machine center, Rich's Sew & Vac, and they have a location in Salem (not that far south from Portland). But I don't know if they service your machine. Whitlocks is a HQ dealer in Salem and also has a good reputation.

When I take my Bernina in for service I have to leave it for at least a week, sometimes much more. It would pay to check with the repair centers to find out how long it will take them to get to your machine.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:32 AM

Thank you ladies! I'll give them a call ahead and see what kinda of turnaround I can get on it. For the past several years we've gone to the area for about 10 days with our RV so my husband can fish steelhead and I get to go to the Northwest Quilt Expo and Fabric Depot, so a treat for both of us!