Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
best pinking blade i have ever found >

best pinking blade i have ever found

best pinking blade i have ever found

Old 06-30-2011, 06:30 PM
LDB

Love the pinking blades and the strip cutter. Sadly, the two are not compatable. Wish they were, as fraying edges drive me bonkers!
Old 07-01-2011, 01:36 PM

Loretta,

You are right. I purchased 3 pinking blades from scissormanusa.com, and they are indeed the best pinking blades I've ever used. I too tried many other brands. They really do stay sharp for a long time and there was no shipping charge.

Mya Siam
Old 07-01-2011, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by eashka
Originally Posted by lb70542
I have purchased rotate pinking blades from a lot of places that didn't cut or would catch my ruler and chip the ruler. then someone here post that they won a pair of rag scissors from scissormanusa so i took a look at his website and ordered a pinking blade and the rag scissors. WOW.they are both great.just ordered 5 more pinking blades. I find they are very reasonably priced .Can't remember who posted about it but thank you .
Loretta
Which scissors do you use for rag quilts? I need the number so I will order the right ones. Thanks
i don't remember the number in search i typed in rag quilt scissors
Old 07-01-2011, 07:26 PM

How do you use the pinking blades? I just looked at one at the fabric store, but wondered if it really worked?

How does it glide along the ruler? How long before it gets dull? I can sharpen my straight blades, but do you just throw these away?

Thank you for informing me
Old 07-02-2011, 03:36 AM

I bought a rag scissor from scissormanusa.com and they are KAI N5150. . They really work great on cutting up the fabrics for a rag quilt or any quilt. They are extremely sharp and most importantly stay sharp. He has free shipping and no sales tax.

Mya
Old 07-02-2011, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by quiltnmore
How do you use the pinking blades? I just looked at one at the fabric store, but wondered if it really worked?

How does it glide along the ruler? How long before it gets dull? I can sharpen my straight blades, but do you just throw these away?

Thank you for informing me
No problem..I use the easy ruler II 6 x 24...I use it to cut my squares,sashing and even squaring up. I used it to cut a queen size quilt before it got slightly dull.I keep them to cut paper my daughter scrapbooks.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:31 AM

They work better than a pinking shear and I believe they're made of Tungsten Japanese Steel so they last much longer than the bargain blades. Yes you can use them with a ruler. As far as sharpening, I guess you can try using the same sharpener that you use on your round blades.

Mya