Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: best pinking blade i have ever found

I have purchased rotate pinking blades from a lot of places that didn't cut or would catch my ruler and chip the ruler. then someone here post that they won a pair of rag scissors from scissormanusa so i took a look at his website and ordered a pinking blade and the rag scissors. WOW.they are both great.just ordered 5 more pinking blades. I fine they are very reasonably priced .Can't remember who posted about it but thank you .
    Loretta

Blog Entries
    that is great news

Blog Entries
    Thanks, I 'll order a few. The last one I had was hard to cut with.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    This may seem like a dumb question but..........can you use the pinking blades in the June Tailor ruler? I have been wanting to get a pinking blade for my cutter, but was worried that it wouldn't work with the ruler. This ruler seems to be the main thing I use. I am not the straightest cutter. BrendaK

I not familiar with the June Tailor ruler..but I use the 6x24 easy rule II by sharon hultgren and it works great.
    loretta

Do his blades work with Olfa cutters? I noticed only KAI blades listed. Ann in TN

I have a 45mm olfa and it works fine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendaK
    This may seem like a dumb question but..........can you use the pinking blades in the June Tailor ruler? I have been wanting to get a pinking blade for my cutter, but was worried that it wouldn't work with the ruler. This ruler seems to be the main thing I use. I am not the straightest cutter. BrendaK
    Are you talking about the strip cutting ruler? It may not, as the slots are pretty narrow...

Quote Originally Posted by lb70542
    I have purchased rotate pinking blades from a lot of places that didn't cut or would catch my ruler and chip the ruler. then someone here post that they won a pair of rag scissors from scissormanusa so i took a look at his website and ordered a pinking blade and the rag scissors. WOW.they are both great.just ordered 5 more pinking blades. I find they are very reasonably priced .Can't remember who posted about it but thank you .
    Loretta
    Which scissors do you use for rag quilts? I need the number so I will order the right ones. Thanks

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendaK
    Are you talking about the strip cutting ruler? It may not, as the slots are pretty narrow...
    That's what I thought. ThanksBrendaK

LDB
    Love the pinking blades and the strip cutter. Sadly, the two are not compatable. Wish they were, as fraying edges drive me bonkers!

Loretta,

You are right. I purchased 3 pinking blades from scissormanusa.com, and they are indeed the best pinking blades I've ever used. I too tried many other brands. They really do stay sharp for a long time and there was no shipping charge.

Mya Siam

Quote Originally Posted by eashka
    Quote Originally Posted by lb70542
    I have purchased rotate pinking blades from a lot of places that didn't cut or would catch my ruler and chip the ruler. then someone here post that they won a pair of rag scissors from scissormanusa so i took a look at his website and ordered a pinking blade and the rag scissors. WOW.they are both great.just ordered 5 more pinking blades. I find they are very reasonably priced .Can't remember who posted about it but thank you .
    Loretta
    Which scissors do you use for rag quilts? I need the number so I will order the right ones. Thanks
    i don't remember the number in search i typed in rag quilt scissors

How do you use the pinking blades? I just looked at one at the fabric store, but wondered if it really worked?

How does it glide along the ruler? How long before it gets dull? I can sharpen my straight blades, but do you just throw these away?

Thank you for informing me

I bought a rag scissor from scissormanusa.com and they are KAI N5150. . They really work great on cutting up the fabrics for a rag quilt or any quilt. They are extremely sharp and most importantly stay sharp. He has free shipping and no sales tax.

Mya

Quote Originally Posted by quiltnmore
    How do you use the pinking blades? I just looked at one at the fabric store, but wondered if it really worked?

How does it glide along the ruler? How long before it gets dull? I can sharpen my straight blades, but do you just throw these away?

Thank you for informing me
    No problem..I use the easy ruler II 6 x 24...I use it to cut my squares,sashing and even squaring up. I used it to cut a queen size quilt before it got slightly dull.I keep them to cut paper my daughter scrapbooks.

They work better than a pinking shear and I believe they're made of Tungsten Japanese Steel so they last much longer than the bargain blades. Yes you can use them with a ruler. As far as sharpening, I guess you can try using the same sharpener that you use on your round blades.

Mya