Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: best pinking blade i have ever found

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    jennings, Louisiana
    Posts
    228
    I have purchased rotate pinking blades from a lot of places that didn't cut or would catch my ruler and chip the ruler. then someone here post that they won a pair of rag scissors from scissormanusa so i took a look at his website and ordered a pinking blade and the rag scissors. WOW.they are both great.just ordered 5 more pinking blades. I fine they are very reasonably priced .Can't remember who posted about it but thank you .
    Loretta

  2. #2
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,668
    Blog Entries
    194
    that is great news

  3. #3
    Power Poster BellaBoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Front row
    Posts
    14,661
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks, I 'll order a few. The last one I had was hard to cut with.

  4. #4
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,181
    Blog Entries
    2
    This may seem like a dumb question but..........can you use the pinking blades in the June Tailor ruler? I have been wanting to get a pinking blade for my cutter, but was worried that it wouldn't work with the ruler. This ruler seems to be the main thing I use. I am not the straightest cutter. BrendaK

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    jennings, Louisiana
    Posts
    228
    I not familiar with the June Tailor ruler..but I use the 6x24 easy rule II by sharon hultgren and it works great.
    loretta

  6. #6
    Senior Member ncredbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Greeneville, TN
    Posts
    827
    Do his blades work with Olfa cutters? I noticed only KAI blades listed. Ann in TN

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    jennings, Louisiana
    Posts
    228
    I have a 45mm olfa and it works fine

  8. #8
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendaK
    This may seem like a dumb question but..........can you use the pinking blades in the June Tailor ruler? I have been wanting to get a pinking blade for my cutter, but was worried that it wouldn't work with the ruler. This ruler seems to be the main thing I use. I am not the straightest cutter. BrendaK
    Are you talking about the strip cutting ruler? It may not, as the slots are pretty narrow...

  9. #9
    Junior Member eashka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by lb70542
    I have purchased rotate pinking blades from a lot of places that didn't cut or would catch my ruler and chip the ruler. then someone here post that they won a pair of rag scissors from scissormanusa so i took a look at his website and ordered a pinking blade and the rag scissors. WOW.they are both great.just ordered 5 more pinking blades. I find they are very reasonably priced .Can't remember who posted about it but thank you .
    Loretta
    Which scissors do you use for rag quilts? I need the number so I will order the right ones. Thanks

  10. #10
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    11,181
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendaK
    This may seem like a dumb question but..........can you use the pinking blades in the June Tailor ruler? I have been wanting to get a pinking blade for my cutter, but was worried that it wouldn't work with the ruler. This ruler seems to be the main thing I use. I am not the straightest cutter. BrendaK
    Are you talking about the strip cutting ruler? It may not, as the slots are pretty narrow...
    That's what I thought. ThanksBrendaK

  11. #11
    LDB
    LDB is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    96
    Love the pinking blades and the strip cutter. Sadly, the two are not compatable. Wish they were, as fraying edges drive me bonkers!

  12. #12
    Member Mya Siam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12
    Loretta,

    You are right. I purchased 3 pinking blades from scissormanusa.com, and they are indeed the best pinking blades I've ever used. I too tried many other brands. They really do stay sharp for a long time and there was no shipping charge.

    Mya Siam

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    jennings, Louisiana
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by eashka
    Quote Originally Posted by lb70542
    I have purchased rotate pinking blades from a lot of places that didn't cut or would catch my ruler and chip the ruler. then someone here post that they won a pair of rag scissors from scissormanusa so i took a look at his website and ordered a pinking blade and the rag scissors. WOW.they are both great.just ordered 5 more pinking blades. I find they are very reasonably priced .Can't remember who posted about it but thank you .
    Loretta
    Which scissors do you use for rag quilts? I need the number so I will order the right ones. Thanks
    i don't remember the number in search i typed in rag quilt scissors

  14. #14
    Junior Member quiltnmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Northern IL
    Posts
    123
    How do you use the pinking blades? I just looked at one at the fabric store, but wondered if it really worked?

    How does it glide along the ruler? How long before it gets dull? I can sharpen my straight blades, but do you just throw these away?

    Thank you for informing me

  15. #15
    Member Mya Siam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12
    I bought a rag scissor from scissormanusa.com and they are KAI N5150. . They really work great on cutting up the fabrics for a rag quilt or any quilt. They are extremely sharp and most importantly stay sharp. He has free shipping and no sales tax.

    Mya

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    jennings, Louisiana
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltnmore
    How do you use the pinking blades? I just looked at one at the fabric store, but wondered if it really worked?

    How does it glide along the ruler? How long before it gets dull? I can sharpen my straight blades, but do you just throw these away?

    Thank you for informing me
    No problem..I use the easy ruler II 6 x 24...I use it to cut my squares,sashing and even squaring up. I used it to cut a queen size quilt before it got slightly dull.I keep them to cut paper my daughter scrapbooks.

  17. #17
    Member Mya Siam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12
    They work better than a pinking shear and I believe they're made of Tungsten Japanese Steel so they last much longer than the bargain blades. Yes you can use them with a ruler. As far as sharpening, I guess you can try using the same sharpener that you use on your round blades.

    Mya

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.