Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Best place to order 11 or 12" 60 degree ruler cheap

Best place to order 11 or 12" 60 degree ruler cheap

I'm looking to purchase an eleven or twelve inch sixty degree ruler template. I'm making the Triangle Frenzy Swirl by Bunnie Cleland and the little six inch sixty degree ruler just isn't large enough for what I want to make. If you know of any place that has the best price and not outrageous shipping it would be very helpful. Thanks in advance, Grammie2twins+1 aka Beth
    "When the power of love is stronger than the love of power the world will know peace"- Jimmy Hendrix...

I buy a lot of things on eBay when they are on sale. Many online quilt shops have minimum purchases for free shipping.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Power Poster
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  201.9 KBI picked this up cheap at a yard sale for the same reason. Since it is an older ruler by Kaye Wood maybe you can find one looking under the Starmaker 6 since the sides of the triangle are 12 inches. The site listed on the ruler is www.kayewood.com

Blog Entries
    I looked for quite a while and found 2 brands in the 12" size, Creative Grids and Clearview. They are both 12" tall and around $30. The Kaye Woods ruler is a bit less expensive, but smaller. It's 12 inches on a side and about 10" tall.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

I'm not at home so cannot check. I think my 12.5" square (maybe) Creative Grids ruler has a 60 degree marking?? Might want to do a search on that if you don't need more length???

I have found that the Missouri Star Quilt shop has a great selection of rulers, shipping is reasonable and you receive your order in just a few days.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Creative Grids has the best assortment of rulers. When I need a special ruler I usually find one made by them.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Blog Entries
    Try viewing this video, it shows how to use your smaller 60 degree ruler....make sure to watch the whole video though.
    https://youtu.be/K2x2ll6T60Q