Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The best Thrift Store around!! >

The best Thrift Store around!!

The best Thrift Store around!!

Old 07-18-2011, 12:10 PM

What a great deal!!! From what I understand your fabric prices in Canada are alot higher than here...no matter where you live thats a great price. I am very jealous :mrgreen: cheryl :thumbup:
Old 07-18-2011, 06:16 PM

More info!!!! I'm from Ontario, and would love to know......is this a Goodwill, or is it a Christian Benefit Shop (MCC)? Where is it in New Hamburg???
Old 07-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Power Poster

Oh that's a great store! I was in a couple times last year and hope to go there while on the Shop Hop over that way.

It's a HUGE store, and clean clean clean! Well displayed and amazing what stuff is there. Like most places, it's a matter of whether they have what you want that day. Aside from the fabric and notions it has the full line of furniture, housewares, clothing etc. When I was there I got a wall quilt rack for a pittance, some fabric and some other housewares/dishes etc.

Yes, it's part of the MCC group. Sorry, I don'tknow the street or the "official" name, but do think it is just called MCC Thrift Store or something similar. It's in the industrial area, right next to the 10,000 Villages whse store (again, do I have the right name?). Can be seen from Hwy 7 to the south. Probably most anyone you ask in the area will know where it is.

duhhhh .... why didn't I check google first?
Here you be folks ... a link to their site, then name, map and directions!
http://thrift.mcc.org/shops/new-hamb...tre?directions

HAPPY SHOPPING!!!!!!! :lol:
Old 07-19-2011, 02:15 AM

We drove through New Hamburg on Sunday and I didn't even know there was a store like that there. Next time!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:55 AM

Thanks so much for the info. I volunteer at an MCC Christian Benefit shop in St. Catharines, and it also is SO clean and well organized. And the prices are the best in the area. It is completely manned by volunteers, except the managers, who get a small living stipend. It's a pleasure to go to volunteer there every Monday afternoon! But there aren't a lot of fabric deals...... but there is a lot of other stuff!! I come home every week with a few things, that's for sure! C9P
Old 07-19-2011, 03:26 AM

I have a friend in Canada so I just had to google map it to see how far away it was from her... yeah.. I don't see her going any time in the near future lol. It said it would be 1 day, 16 hours! She does travel a lot though so I'm going to see if that is ever in her travels. I know she would love love love that store!!
Old 07-19-2011, 03:40 AM

Sounds like a fun place to shop!