Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Best way to sell my fabric?

Actually, purses and hats along with collages was something I had thought about.

Quote Originally Posted by martha jo
    Take a look at the beautiful purses people are making. Maybe you would like to dabble with that for awhile.
    Where are the pics of that type of thing at?

Quote Originally Posted by sweet
    Well, if you keep looking around this forum at the pics and the tutorials, you may get re-inspired! Plus encouragement abounds here!

Also, if you mention the nearest town in your state, there may be a member close by that would want to help ya out. :)
    I'm near Canton, Ohio

Look at any posting that says BowTuck or in the picture section on this board.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
    It'll definitely sell here, but do it the right way or you'll be kicked off the board and not allowed to rejoin!!! It's happened to several other people.
    really? i was not aware of that. :hunf:

there have been very few people whose accounts have been locked out since the board started several years ago. it's an extremely rare event.

AND it's also true that we have sometimes granted exceptions to the classifieds rules under special circumstances. the rules were developed over time and were based on member input. they are firm but not written in blood.

i didn't point to the rules to scare anybody. it was just an easier way to provide some quick education without having to retype what already exists in a post. ;-)

any member, whether brand new or here from the start, is always welcome to send me a pm if they have questions. :-)

Get your 20 posts in then post some pics in the classifieds so we can buy some from you! :) I love looking at all of the fabrics that are posted for sale and have bought from board members quite a few times. I am sure you will be able to sell off your stash quickly through this board-there are several of us who are new to quilting and need to build up our stash and several of us who are just addicted to fabric :) Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by katied772
    Well, if you keep looking around this forum at the pics and the tutorials, you may get re-inspired! Plus encouragement abounds here!

Also, if you mention the nearest town in your state, there may be a member close by that would want to help ya out. :)
    I'm near Canton, Ohio
    OK, I need to know if you still know the shortest way to all the quilt shops! I will be in Akron the end of August and need a guide!!! I'm not sure I can rely on the GPS to get me to all the quilt shops I want to go to!

I would contact the local quilt guilds and tell them I am having a private sale on the first Saturday in August, or whenever. You will need friends to help you cut and sell. The guild ladies will descend upon your sale like the clothaholics they are. (Me too.)

Good luck with the sale.

Welcome, I would go back to quilting. I sewed for 10 yrs and never tried quilting. Burned out on sewing, then, finally decided to take a beginners class and guess what?

I love piecing a quilt

Quote Originally Posted by Marlys

I'm near Canton, Ohio
    OK, I need to know if you still know the shortest way to all the quilt shops! I will be in Akron the end of August and need a guide!!! I'm not sure I can rely on the GPS to get me to all the quilt shops I want to go to!
    I still know. Contact me when you are coming and I'll share the info with you.

I'm near Canton, Ohio
    Okay, so if you do decide to sell, I may have to take a road trip. Better start playing the lottery now.............Keep your fingers crossed!

Blog Entries
    Katied - I LOL at your comment about hiding some of your purchases from your DH! I think many of us have done that! :) Hope you rekindle some of your creativity and join us. There is lots of info sharing here and it sounds like you have lots of info from your experience to share.

I agree that this is a really great site! I go here first for ALL my online quilting questions and info.

Small World! I am in Canton, OH, too. But I am not going to ask any more about your fabric b/c I am on a strict "buy no more" plan (at least until work picks back up). Good Luck!

I agree, read our classified section for the rules and make your posts, then take the pictures and put them on here. We love fabric. I am sad that you feel you will not quilt anymore. I am not sure of why you stopped, but remember the happiness it gave you when you were quilting. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by quiltilicious
    Hi Linda,

(please note that I would love to buy your stash, I'm sort of on a spending moratorium because I have no room for more fabric right now)

anyway, I think there are rules about how long you have to be here to post in the clasiifieds, but maybe the mods will make an exception? You'd have to ask them. People do sell fabric here. We are INTERNATIONAL, and you'd have to ship stuff around.

If there is a quilt guild or 2 near you, tell them about your yard sale and people will come by and clean out your stash - one of our old guild members decided to concentrate on doll making rather than quilting and sold off his stash in a yard sale - I enjoyed this because I picked up a trunkfull of fabric for between 1 and 2 dollars a yard (and it was really good stuff!). Our guild pretty much cleaned him out.

anyway, if you have any HOFFMAN CELESTIAL fabric - I will buy it all. (even though my husband will kill me)
    Not sure about the Hoffman fabric. It is all packed in containers. I will check on this when I go through it. I know I have Hoffman but not sure about Celestial.

Quote Originally Posted by FranW
    Small World! I am in Canton, OH, too. But I am not going to ask any more about your fabric b/c I am on a strict "buy no more" plan (at least until work picks back up). Good Luck!
    I understand about the work thing. We have been hit so hard in this area. I also know how hard it is to stay away from the fabric shopping. We went to Holmes county yesterday and even though I am not quilting now, I really wanted to stop at all the shops, especially Craft Cupboard in Berlin. I didn't dare suggest it to my husband though. Take care, Linda

Quote Originally Posted by martha jo
    Take a look at the beautiful purses people are making. Maybe you would like to dabble with that for awhile.
    I did look at the purses. Beautiful! I may still do those type of things. I am keeping most of my home dec. fabric because I have a drapery workroom set up in my home. It is mostly the fine work like quilting that bothers my thumbs. And I love hand quilting. Oh well, move on I guess.

Blog Entries
    I love hand quilting but perhaps you could do small projects with machine quilting or machine applique so that your hands do not take all of the stress. There are so many wonderful and creative projects out there from runners and aprons to totes and purses - maybe something will tweek your interest and creativity.

Thanks for posting this
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    check this topic outlining rules for selling at this site:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/s-6-1.htm

Have you ever considered selling on E-Bay. Some of the members here even have shops on E-Bay. I have purchased lots of "deals" and been very satisfied.I have also sold; make sure to read all the rules. My biggest complaint, either way, is the cost of shipping. That's not E-Bay's fault though. Blame USPS.

Quote Originally Posted by dphelps
    Have you ever considered selling on E-Bay. Some of the members here even have shops on E-Bay. I have purchased lots of "deals" and been very satisfied.I have also sold; make sure to read all the rules. My biggest complaint, either way, is the cost of shipping. That's not E-Bay's fault though. Blame USPS.
    I've not sold quilt fabric on eBay but I did sell a lot of vintage chenille and barkcloth last year. Most I cut in squares to sell. I love vintage fabrics. A lot of people use them for quilts and pillows. I agree about the shipping. It was quite expensive and some buyers didn't seem to understand that. I only charged the exact cost and tried to use recycled boxes whenever possible.

I used to be a member of quiltersfleamarket.com. I never sold anything but bought lots of books and fabrics, even a sewing machine one time. Finally, I decided that I had better get off there, or we would have to move out of the house.

You might try that.

I am addicted to this site also. I spend way too much time on here and not enough quilting.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingmimipj
    I used to be a member of quiltersfleamarket.com. I never sold anything but bought lots of books and fabrics, even a sewing machine one time. Finally, I decided that I had better get off there, or we would have to move out of the house.

You might try that.
    Quilters Flea Market is a Yahoo Group.

groups.yahoo.com/group/QuiltersFleaMarket

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast