Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bet this has never happened to you.... >

Bet this has never happened to you....

Bet this has never happened to you....

Old 10-20-2010, 07:32 AM

Also guilty here. My latest, that I am SURE that cats are responsible for, (these are outside cats ;) ) the case for my sewing machine has been missing for several months now. Rather a nuisance when going to a quilt day or a class.

Way back when, if my siblings or I couldn't find something, my mom would offer to find it...for a quarter!!! LOL Amazingly, she would almost ALWAYS know where the item was.

Patti
Old 10-20-2010, 08:45 AM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

Wish I could find my wrist pincushion that easily....I have looked everywhere I would put it. The problem must be that it is where I would NEVER put it!
Old 10-20-2010, 08:57 AM

It's like taking the time to straighten up your sewing room to get rid of all the clutter. Then when you go to start something new, you can't find anything. "But I know I put it in a safe place I'd remember" yeah right.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene
It's like taking the time to straighten up your sewing room to get rid of all the clutter. Then when you go to start something new, you can't find anything. "But I know I put it in a safe place I'd remember" yeah right.
LOL, I have SEVERAL safe places. Now if I could only remember where they are.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:42 AM

Location: Moved from New Orleans to Port Neches, TX June 2014

Originally Posted by leiladylei54
The one I hate is when you look for something and it's right before your eyes and you still don't see it until hours or days later!!!
Key word here is "right before your eyes". My husband and I were coming home from a vacation and we stopped for gas. I got out to get something to drink and when we left the station and got back on the interstate, I could not find my sunglasses (the ones that you attach to your glasses). I looked everywhere, even thought I was sitting on them, but could not find them. Well, he turned around and started heading back to the station and I happened to take my glasses off and the "sunglasses were attached"!!!! I asked why didn't he tell me I had them on and all the time he thought I was looking for another pair that he had never seen before!!! I guessed I had panicked because I had already lost a pair and had to replace them at the cost of $85 and didn't want to do that again. So you see it was "right before my eyes"! LOL!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:55 AM

OMG -- I have been laughing out loud at these -- but I have been this way for YEARS!! I know these things are somewhere in my house but it must be the dog's fault -- she is home all day when I am work!!! She is punishing me for working!!

I think I need to retire. Maybe THEN I will know where everything is!!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by PatinAtlanta
OMG -- I have been laughing out loud at these -- but I have been this way for YEARS!! I know these things are somewhere in my house but it must be the dog's fault -- she is home all day when I am work!!! She is punishing me for working!!

I think I need to retire. Maybe THEN I will know where everything is!!
Good Luck with that. I AM retired!!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:13 PM

The running joke in our home is, "quick, call my glasses" cuz I'm always setting them down where I can't find them. The phone you call, glasses you gotta find the old fashioned way, trace your steps back to the ole' quilting corner!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:27 PM

Okay, here is one. Lost my glasses. Can't see anything w/o them. DH and I looked everywhere including the laundry. Have my prescption, so went to the eye glass place. ordered new pair $425. Ouch (no ins ) Got the new ones very next day,about an hour after I found mine stuck in the afghan I'd been napping with! Felt stupid, think of the fabric that I could have gotten!
Originally Posted by Holice
I have a theory about lost stuff. When you are not looking for it you will find it.
:oops: :oops:
Old 10-20-2010, 12:29 PM

Oh, EM -- I am so sorry. That was an expensive trip! But now you have a backup and that is good too -- trying to find a bright side to this one!!

Pat