Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Big Lots Fat Quarters -Test >

Big Lots Fat Quarters -Test

Big Lots Fat Quarters -Test

Old 03-20-2011, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I have been reading about the 1.00 fq's at Big lots, both negative and positive....so to see for myself....
I bought 2 fq's from them. They felt wonderful.
I brought them home, took off tags, put two Moda fq's in with them and washed them together. All four came out nicely, If I did not know the fabrics myself, I don't think I could have told the difference. With the cost of fabrics rising for now, I figured, cost is important now too. The next test is to use them with other fabric I have and then see again. Maybe I should have been a fabric tester in my real life. ROFL. HUGS

I know there have been posts on here so don't tell me to go read, I wanted to share what I discovered. I always look at them when I go to Big Lots and don't buy. Never sure. Well now I am and the next trip I will buy more. They usually only have maybe around 50 or so. I love the colors too.

So , to each his own. Just wanted to throw in my two cents worth. Inquiring minds need to know. LOL. Now I do.

Hope this thread stays positive too.
I find myself swaying my head along with your kitty! LOL
Old 03-20-2011, 07:57 AM

Thanks for your test results! Always good to know where to get good fabric :-D
Old 03-20-2011, 07:58 AM

There is lots of goodies at Big Lots. I purchased 8 pr of Fiskars scissors, 8" size for $1.00 each. Gave them to my sewing friends and kept 2 pr. for myself. They also had those 1 yard pieces of decorative beads for $.88 each, bought a bunch of those, too, great for totes, Christmas stockings, etc. I get kitchen dishtowels to add applique for gifts, etc. Name brand items like from Macy's, Dillard's, and others are there, too. (Overstocks and possibly last year's items). I have bought twin sheet sets, 400 ct., for $4.99, decorated the flat sheet trim and pillowcases with appliques and given them Christmas to grandchildren and the young family members. Big hit! Yeah, Big Lots has a lot, just need the time to check everything out. It is a hit or miss store, tho. So if you see it, and want it, you better get it then, might not get it again!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:05 AM

going to try and go to Big Lots tomorrow...thanks Debbie
Old 03-20-2011, 08:27 AM

Thanks Debbie for the info - I guess I need to shop at BL before the guild meeting tomorrow... woohoo... Hopefully, you left me some FQ's to buy. LOL :)
Old 03-20-2011, 09:11 AM

Our Big Lots doesn't have fabric.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:16 AM

i didn't know and I have never seen FQ at big Lots now I'll have to check.

I was at Joanne's yesterday, is there CC going down hill. It looked and felt really poor quality when I was looking.
Don't like to start any thing negative. but just wondering if it was me or is it really bad quality. cc for country classic.Not to mention the price was up to 4.99 a yd.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:17 AM

I didn't know Big Lots sold fg....thanks for the info
Old 03-20-2011, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
I agree with you debbieumphress - I have gotten then at Big Lots too. There are some that are great and some I can tell aren't, so don't get those. I don't always see them when I go, and last time I found them in with the plastic containers!! Always a treasure hunt at Big Lots.
Hubby laughs at me when I stand there and feel them and ooh and ahhhhh. Usually makes him go to the tool section and leave me to my touchy feely thing. LOL♥
This is what my friend and I call... "fingering fabric".
We close our eyes and feel the differences. It is so much fun.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by grannypat7925
Our Big Lots doesn't have fabric.
I don't know if ours does but I am sure gonna check tomorrow. Oh My.. This sounds great.