Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Big Lots Fat Quarters -Test >

Big Lots Fat Quarters -Test

Big Lots Fat Quarters -Test

Old 03-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Banned

I love big lots...it reminds of of the old store Winn's (I worked there in high school). Great deals but I'll definately be on my way to look for FQ's now!
Old 03-20-2011, 12:50 PM

I would have never thought of fabric at Big Lots, will have to check it out.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:23 PM

I didn't know they carried them either. thanks for the info I will go tomorrow and check them out. Told myself I wasn't allowed to leave the house today until I get my income taxes prepared to take to the accountant. I have been procrastinating all day
Old 03-20-2011, 02:09 PM

Didn't know Big Lots sold FQ, will have to check mine out. Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:26 PM

I went today and they had them stuffed in the back behind some photo books. Only a hand full but some nice ones. I also picked up a couple of books for $3. each. I am going to have to add this to my list of places to shop frequently. I love looking for seasonal things there as well. Good selection usually.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:14 PM

Big Lots is one of my favorite places to shop, right up there with Tuesday Morning. I'm addicted to dollar FQs and have a great collection of them. I also like them from Hancock Fabrics and Walmart...but always check for that quality feel before I buy.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:44 PM

inquiring mind=smart cookie!!!
Old 03-20-2011, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I have been reading about the 1.00 fq's at Big lots, both negative and positive....so to see for myself....
I bought 2 fq's from them. They felt wonderful.
I brought them home, took off tags, put two Moda fq's in with them and washed them together. All four came out nicely, If I did not know the fabrics myself, I don't think I could have told the difference. With the cost of fabrics rising for now, I figured, cost is important now too. The next test is to use them with other fabric I have and then see again. Maybe I should have been a fabric tester in my real life. ROFL. HUGS

I know there have been posts on here so don't tell me to go read, I wanted to share what I discovered. I always look at them when I go to Big Lots and don't buy. Never sure. Well now I am and the next trip I will buy more. They usually only have maybe around 50 or so. I love the colors too.

So , to each his own. Just wanted to throw in my two cents worth. Inquiring minds need to know. LOL. Now I do.

Hope this thread stays positive too.
Wow, that's great. I'd sure be willing to try them but haven't ever seen FQs here at Big Lot's in central Illinois. I will keep looking for them.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:17 PM

I bought a pile of the Big Lots, FQ's. We have 3 stores near us. The tags on ours look like the ones they had a Handcocks. I bet there were more than 20 different colors. I love them. Also I got them all for 20 % off. With a coupon for Friends and Family Day. Haven't had a chance to use any yet. Happy they are good quality.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by grugirl
Originally Posted by debbieumphress
Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
I agree with you debbieumphress - I have gotten then at Big Lots too. There are some that are great and some I can tell aren't, so don't get those. I don't always see them when I go, and last time I found them in with the plastic containers!! Always a treasure hunt at Big Lots.
Hubby laughs at me when I stand there and feel them and ooh and ahhhhh. Usually makes him go to the tool section and leave me to my touchy feely thing. LOL♥
This is what my friend and I call... "fingering fabric".
We close our eyes and feel the differences. It is so much fun.