Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
BIG SAVINGS!!! >

BIG SAVINGS!!!

BIG SAVINGS!!!

Old 11-08-2009, 05:22 PM

I feel you, girl!!

Today my local Jo-Ann's had Olfa rotary blades 5-pks on sale for $15.99. They also had Fons & porter notions 50% off. I got the last pack of blades and a great new triangle ruler - plus I was able to use a coupon for an extra 10% off my entire purchase.

I love when discounts compound. :D
Old 11-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Power Poster

It sounds like you had a fun day. I'm smiling for you.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by amma
I was told that I could bring in 3 different coupons that were 50% off as long as they were from different sources.. ex: one was mailed to me, one was online and the 3rd was from the newspaper
You are correct, as long as they are from different sources. They will also accept competitors coupons, but not on fabric.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:04 PM

At my Joann's today, the queen size warm and natural pack was on sale for $9.99 (1/2 off), plus I had a 10% off the total purchase. Hooray!! they actually had something I needed on sale. Also got sewing machine needles at "buy one, get one free".
Old 11-10-2009, 12:23 PM

Will you go to JoAnn's with me???? I'm math illiterate. He he GOOD job! :wink:
Old 11-11-2009, 09:04 PM

I don't know where you are but here Joann's had the Q sized Warm & Natural for $9.99 & if you sign up with them, you get coupons in the mail & online! I got a coupon for 20% off the entire order! They didn't have the rotary blades that were advertised so they ordered them for me...at the sale price! I just had to pay for them that day. I have used many coupons at once. I also give many away because everything I buy is already on sale! That's maddening! I have a 40 or 50% coupon & the stuff is on sale for 20 or 30%! Never fails! ( You must have made a typo bec you couldn't have gotten all that unless the prices were the same as here?) hehe! You must be quilting???? :lol:
Old 11-11-2009, 10:04 PM

I'd be happy to if I got the buys you got you did assum.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:29 AM

I have found that if you know the girls that work in the cutting section they can be really nice and will help you find what you need at the best price and sometimes, when possible, they will let you know some really good deals that you don't even realize are there. I never knew about the 50% off the bolt end until one of my girls told me! Now I look for bolt ends when I buy fabric. I save a lot of money there and figure it this way, if you purchase a bolt end and get 50% off, plus 40% off a non-sale fabric plus 10% for your total purchase, you just saved yourself 100%! I did that last week on some Warm and Natural. It isn't that I got such a great deal, it is that the employees are such a great help. And that is good when you are also on a fixed income. I go nutso when the fat quarters are on sale for 99 cents. I think the price just went up on them. So, I just may have to figure something else out. I love those quarters, because I pick out my fabric to fit into a design I am making - I haven't followed directions on making a quilt yet. Edie
Old 11-12-2009, 05:58 AM

FYI everyone - you can go to Joann's online and get a great deal on warm and natural batting - most of the time. My store has it for $10.99/yd regularly. Even with 40% off, its $6.59. RIght now you can buy it online, INCLUDING shipping, for $5.99 yard!!! It is delivered right to your door. My friend and I buy a whole roll and divide it in half.

The price there changes from time to time - sometimes 2x a day! Watch for the special coupon code on the front of the website - that frequently gives you even more of a discount.

PS Just some more general info - I have found that ordering from Staples too is CHEAPER online. I'm thinking these stores want you to buy online! And did you know if your order is $50, they will deliver FREE.
I live in a rural area and these are a few things that help me shop.

Helen in VA
Old 11-12-2009, 06:28 AM

Happy to hear about how to use multiple coupons at Joann's. Planning on a trip there tomorrow or Sat to pick up some goodies. May in Jersey