Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Big UFO Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by bj
    I'm finishing mine right now. It was a BOM at the LQS and I just got the last block. I have the top all put together, but I haven't got it sandwiched and quilted. I think I'm going to order a fatback instead of piecing the back. Or I may just get some muslin for the back. I hate piecing the backs! And it will give me a really nice piece of fabric to use from something else. :) :) Win, win...right?
    :oops: OK, so what's a "fatback"?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbm
    I finished my ugly quilt and my niece's quilt. I have 1 more- don't care for it, so I'm ignoring it.

I won't start anything without finishing it. no more wips/ufos for me!

Barbm
    OK, Barb, can we hold you to that? :lol:

Yep I got all 6 of the granddaughters quilts made for Christmas!!

I was a late starter on the UFO projects:))I started in November:0)I have 3 done!! And, just a few left. I am going to keep going until even my projects that I have stashed fabrics for are done:))So, at the end of this year I will be so saaaad about the lack of projects, I will have to do it again:))That buying and stacking thing:))I still have 3 BOM's that I need to catch up...detailed ones:))I did finish 2 of my other ones. If I had that amazing quilting machine w/frame here, I just know I could keep caught up:))LOL Don't you think?!! I'm just sure of it!:))Skeat.........who had to turn my head and hold it that direction w/my hand when asked by my LQS if I wanted to do the black and white and 30's BOM!! I soooo could...:))but, didn't!Pulled myself out of that store scratching and scream'n out the door;)

funny Gail :) I will do my best to stick to that goal!

I made a list of projects for the year. I have 11 "Must do", 2 "if I have to", 5 wips- stuff I cut out but didn't like so I set aside, this includes the 2 I am working on right now- can that be classified as UFO?, hmmmm. Then I have the list of 5- "whenever, they haven't asked lately" projects I have the fabric for but haven't started.

It's supposed to snow tomorrow- 3 to 6 inches. I figure I can finish the 2 I'm working on and sandwich and quilt 2 wips. That will make a lot of stuff crossed off the list. Cool.

My goal is to FINISH this list by March. A lot of them I know I can do easily, but need to find the time. (Gosh- I certainly hope people stop having babies, too- that messes up the project list- j/k)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbm
    funny Gail :) I will do my best to stick to that goal!

I made a list of projects for the year. I have 11 "Must do", 2 "if I have to", 5 wips- stuff I cut out but didn't like so I set aside, this includes the 2 I am working on right now- can that be classified as UFO?, hmmmm. Then I have the list of 5- "whenever, they haven't asked lately" projects I have the fabric for but haven't started.

It's supposed to snow tomorrow- 3 to 6 inches. I figure I can finish the 2 I'm working on and sandwich and quilt 2 wips. That will make a lot of stuff crossed off the list. Cool.

My goal is to FINISH this list by March. A lot of them I know I can do easily, but need to find the time. (Gosh- I certainly hope people stop having babies, too- that messes up the project list- j/k)
    I know what you mean. I don't write down the list of UFOs etc. because I don't want to have a nervous breakdown SEEING what I have ahead of me. This morning, I'm handstitching the last binding on my 8-yr-old UFO. It's a great feeling. As we Cajuns say, "Talk about gooooood."

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    I've tried making a list and prioritizing them then I find things I have put somewhere else and then there are all of you giving me even more ideas. How's that for passing the blame?

Quote Originally Posted by GailG
    Quote Originally Posted by bj
    I'm finishing mine right now. It was a BOM at the LQS and I just got the last block. I have the top all put together, but I haven't got it sandwiched and quilted. I think I'm going to order a fatback instead of piecing the back. Or I may just get some muslin for the back. I hate piecing the backs! And it will give me a really nice piece of fabric to use from something else. :) :) Win, win...right?
    :oops: OK, so what's a "fatback"?
    A fatback is a quilt back that you can buy, they are sized just right for a Queen sized quilt. You can find them here. http://www.christianlanequilters.com...ge/5735337.htm

You're welcome Loretta, you just have to be careful and watch the prices there. Sometimes it's cheaper to look at the wide width fabrics at http://www.thousandsofbolts.com

FINISH! What a great notion...I have so many UFOs I think I've got the market cornered on ATTENTION DEFICIT SYNDROM!!!!

I finished mine before Christmas as it was for a gift. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Feathers
    FINISH! What a great notion...I have so many UFOs I think I've got the market cornered on ATTENTION DEFICIT SYNDROM!!!!
    Watch it !! That's also a characteristic of a highly intelligent person. :lol:

WELL--- the 8-yr-old UFO is FINISHED !!! DONE !!! As of 10:10 PM tonight. Still have the label to do, but the quilt is done. Amen.

Hi Gail
    OK, you convinced me.....I;ll be "highly intelligent" :lol:

I am proud of all of you. Those who finished, that is great! Those who did not finish, at least you worked on them bit and got them closer to BEING finished. Do you feel good? I sure do.

Yes, Anne...it does feel good to find some empty space!:)I just had to force myself to look at the 'ugly' in a couple of those projects! One was a BOM from this past year that I had only finished 1 block and figured out later the why....cause it was really ugly! The first block gave it away, and I was committed so I tucked away after sewing the first 1! I about bailed ship though today!! Right in the middle of one of my UFO's....I am so wanting this batik pattern w/batiks...and if that shop would have been open for a bit longer then the 10min I would have had on arrival...I'd been out of here! But, I have maintained control...only because of that...and, I am back sewing my little windmills...again...Skeat:)

You keep going. There is a reason for everything. Maybe one of your relatives will love it and you will have a gift all ready for their birthday....

Maybe one of your relatives will love it//I really doubt it:) It is a mess w/color! I love colors and I think in this situation, they went to the closet and grabbed whatever was leftover from the year before w/no rhyme or reason! Great colors....all by themselves..just not together. So, am practicing my handquilting on it to better my skills and will put it in the quilt pile for the girls someday. I'll tag them w/that guilt:)LOL hee-he Skeat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2