Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Big UFO Challenge

Well did we all finish our projects? I was actually going to ask this question two nights ago, but I forgot when Jim suggested pizza for New Year's dinner. (oops) :oops:

Sorry to say Boston that I fell completely short. Life has been keeping me rather busy with other stuff but I'm glad you're keeping me focused! I need to get back into it and want to start racing through this one.

bj
    I'm finishing mine right now. It was a BOM at the LQS and I just got the last block. I have the top all put together, but I haven't got it sandwiched and quilted. I think I'm going to order a fatback instead of piecing the back. Or I may just get some muslin for the back. I hate piecing the backs! And it will give me a really nice piece of fabric to use from something else. :) :) Win, win...right?

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/13642.page

Here's the link to mine that I finished. I also have another top almost quilted because of you. You got me started!!!!

My goal for this year is to have less UFOs than last year.

Thanks.

Well now, for those of us who could not make it for New Year's, I could extend the deadline. That will maybe push me back in the sewing room and I can get going on another one. I have not sewn a thing in two weeks with the exception of a button on hubby's pants. :lol:

Good for you Mary. It does make things a bit easier when others are in the same boat.

So for the challenge, how about Valentine's Day?

I finished all that I had set my mind to finish. That was 4 wedding gifts and my son's quilt. I have a whole stack of UFO's to work on this year. But first I have a baby quilt to make and am going to start in a few min.

Define UFO. 8) :roll:

Blog Entries
    Well...I kinda did and I kinda didn't. I did finish the 2 that I committed to for the challenge. I finished the top of my Heartsong day before yesterday, but I just talked about including it in the challenge. There is no way I'll be through quilting it by V-day. I'm piecing the back now, then to sandwich and quilt.

Now I have made 2 other commitments to my time...embroider some shirts for the Angus Assoc. Youth group fund raising auction..and a friend wants me to make a baby quilt for her friend..so..of course...I committed myself .... AGAIN... :wink:

I didn't finish mine! In fact I bought 41 yards of fabric at a private sale to benefit Project Linus, and have been thumbing through old American Patchwork and Quilting magazines trying to decide what I will do with all of it! So I probably ended up with 4 more UFOs, or maybe they are just PIGs yet!

Blog Entries
    gigi2landon, a UFO is an "unfinished object". Any projects that are started and not finished we call them UFO's

Patsy's Mom..........what is a PIG (besides a barnyard animal)?

I got distracted by making Christmas gifts but need to back to work. Although, during the holidays I managed (when visiting, etc.) to buy more fabric and think of more "new" projects......(always more exciting than a UFO......we'll see)

sniff.. sniff... I didn't complete it :( wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh haaaaaaaa!!!!!!

But it is on my list for this year!! I added to my list in my blog. So I HAVE to complete it now!

I finished! :) Now I have WIP's instead of UFO's LOL!

OK, Elizabeth, did you just move them from UFO to WIP? I'm not sure that is fair. LOL. (I hope you know I am just joking around here.)

Nope, they really all did get done. Everything I'm working on now was started Dec. '08. :D

I'm jealous. I guess I need to get myself busy!!!!!

um ok, then i have WIP's. Lots of tops done, not quilted or would that be a TDNQ?

:twisted:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gigi2landon
    um ok, then i have WIP's. Lots of tops done, not quilted or would that be a TDNQ?

:twisted:
    Nope, sorry...thats just a plain ole' UFO... :cry:

Ok. I finished almost all oh mine. Now it's a new year and I started out by creating more. LOL. I'll get them all done someday. LOL

RATS, I thought I'd created a new acronymn! hehe

oh well, I'm sending all these tops to the long arm quilter anyway. SO Technically I'm finished with them. Hum.......

I Don't like UFO's

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gigi2landon
    RATS, I thought I'd created a new acronymn! hehe

oh well, I'm sending all these tops to the long arm quilter anyway. SO Technically I'm finished with them. Hum.......

I Don't like UFO's
    :lol: :lol:

Boston 1954, PIGS are Projects In Grocery Sacks! Purchased and planned but not yet started! My sewing room is very porky!

I finished my ugly quilt and my niece's quilt. I have 1 more- don't care for it, so I'm ignoring it.

I won't start anything without finishing it. no more wips/ufos for me!

Barbm

I got mine done, but have been waiting for my sis to take a digital pic so I can get it posted. Thanks for the challenge because who knows when I would have finished it. It was started to take to meetings to work on and it never worked out that I could work on it. I got sidetracked by Christmas but hustled after Christmas to finish it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast