Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Binding Eaze >

Binding Eaze

Binding Eaze

Old 10-23-2022, 06:46 AM
Power Poster

I don’t usually press my binding before putting it on my quilt. I align the two raw edges against my quilt raw edge and machine stitch it on. I find the binding rolls over to the back better without a crease as the inner half of the double fold binding has a slightly less distance to go then the outer half so it makes a more accurate crease line then ironing before hand.
Old 10-23-2022, 08:58 AM

I bought the binding eaze for my BF & myself and we both use it all the time. The only problem I have with it is once I get going my iron just sits as I pull the binding through and it shuts off. Move it and go again!
Old 10-23-2022, 01:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I don’t usually press my binding before putting it on my quilt. I align the two raw edges against my quilt raw edge and machine stitch it on. I find the binding rolls over to the back better without a crease as the inner half of the double fold binding has a slightly less distance to go then the outer half so it makes a more accurate crease line then ironing before hand.
This is how I do it too.
Old 10-23-2022, 04:34 PM

I swear, when I was in 4-H as a teen, we had a method of using 2 pins to guide fabric on an ironing board to make bias tape.

Macybaby, I, too, make the entire binding, using a diagonal seam. The Binding Ease works perfectly for me. No burned finger tips, quick, easy and accurate.

I've never had any stretching, even when I cut on the bias (I love a stripe on the diagonal for binding, so often have to cut on the bias to get that effect).

It was pricey, but worth it for me. I don't have a specific budget, but know what I am comfortable spending and stay within that.
Old 10-23-2022, 04:58 PM

I am helping to liquidate a friend's sewing room (she passed away sort of suddenly). She has one of the Simplicity bias tape machines... is it handy? Versatile? Any idea what it's worth? Thanks in advance....
Old 10-24-2022, 06:52 AM
Power Poster

I remember the two safety pin method of making folded binding. The Simplicity machine does the same thing as the Binding Ease. The machine is automatic. Put the fabric strip in one end and it comes out the other end pressed and folded. The strip width is limited by the size of tip used in the machine. I like the simpleness of the Binding Eaze tool. It seems to be a wonderful product.
Old 10-25-2022, 09:34 AM

I agree, Tartan. I don't press a crease into binding anymore. It works better for me.
Old 10-30-2022, 02:29 AM

Default Update

Steven Bland reviewed the Binding eaze. Go to YouTube, idiot quilter, binding eaze. He has a demo and comment.
He really liked it. Ordered mine last week from MSQ. Used my reward points and free bundle shipping. $26 ..YEAH!
Old 11-03-2022, 07:01 AM

I just ordered one today from MSQ. I was making sashing this morning and thinking about the Binding Eaze as I was ironing 108" of sashing x 18 strips. I still have my binding strips to do, and said the heck with it and put the order in.

I added a few yards of fabric, ya know, to counter act the shipping...