Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Binding Eaze >

Binding Eaze

Binding Eaze

Old 10-21-2022, 06:50 AM

Default Binding Eaze

This is a new binding pressing tool. It is pricey when you consider shipping...around 40.00.
Binding Eaze is a silicon pad with slots for 2inch folded binding.
I am Watching for 'idiot Quilter", Steven Blad to test and review it next week on his you tube channel.
there are several videos out there...most from the company who makes it.

One reviewer wrote she was concerned about how it stretched her fabric when pulling it through the silicone base. This would be my concern too since I use bias type for my binding perhaps it would stretch it way too much. So I'll wait till after idiot quilter has it on their program.
Old 10-21-2022, 07:03 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XypWBZQA5Ig
I sort of like these templates for binding. not silicone.
Old 10-21-2022, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltwoman44 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XypWBZQA5Ig
I sort of like these templates for binding. not silicone.
I have this set. I like the sizes as I use them for sashing strips as well as binding strips. I like that I can slide it along with the side of my iron while I use my hand for easing the fabric. Nice that you don't have to worry about them melting. I like that they are see through as well. Makes quick work of making binding strips/sashing strips.
Old 10-21-2022, 02:31 PM

That's what i thought. looks easy. I haven't bitten that bullet yet though.
Old 10-21-2022, 04:51 PM

I like the sizes you get. I use the smaller sizes for applique stems, etc.
Old 10-22-2022, 01:15 AM

I bought one during a shop hop last year and finally remembered to use it when I had to do binding for a king size quilt. Super impressed!!! After sewing the strips together, 12 WOF 2 1/4 inch wide, made a really really long strip. I set up the binding eaze and my iron, it took no time at all to run the strips through. I used my left hand to fold and align the edges before going through the slot and the right to gently pull/guide it out from under the iron. Perfectly aligned, sharp fold line, and ready to be sewn on the quilt. I wish I had timed it for a more accurate estimate but it seemed like no time at all before I was done. It does eliminate having to align, fold, pick up iron, press, put iron back down, repeat. I know my arthritic wrist appreciated it, and my bad knee as standing for any length of time is pretty rough. not affiliated with the company, just my own experience and opinion.
Old 10-23-2022, 03:43 AM

Thank you Murphy 224, for the review. I really appreciate it.
Old 10-23-2022, 04:10 AM

I don't press my strips until I have them all sewn (seam are on the diagonal) and then press the seams open. I don't think I could use this tool in that application.

I also have a hopping iron, so would need to turn that feature off to use, but that's not a big deal as long as I remember to turn it back off before I set the iron done.
Old 10-23-2022, 04:50 AM

MacBaby, i also do the same. sew and then press my bindings. So I haven't come across a time when i really needed binding templates just yet. One never knows though....
Old 10-23-2022, 06:38 AM
Power Poster

I have the ten sasher set from the video link. I never heard of these before and I was in a quilt shop that was going out of business. Everything was 50% off. I saw the set plus book and it looked interesting and I was curious about what it was. It took a little patience to learn how to use the templates. They are heat proof that is important. The book is nice. I think now you can buy the templates individually. I have the Simplicity Binding machine that folds and presses the binding. I love this thing, but the binding tips are limited to size.