Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bionic gear bag tuts >

Bionic gear bag tuts

Bionic gear bag tuts

Old 08-07-2017, 04:29 AM

Default Bionic gear bag tuts

I purchased the BGB last year and downloaded the really great tuts to my computer--- which recently crashed!!
I now want to make the bags and cannot find the same tuts or any that are nearly as well done. I have watched the ones made by the bags designer and frankly, I don't feel they are up to par. One by a very English women named Sue is good but not complete. I bought my pattern from Craftsy but they are not able to help and I believe they no longer sell the pattern. I neglected to mention that there are no written instructions they are only on line. I remember my mother making a bag very like this years ago and I really want to make it. If you have any ideas where I can find clear and concise instructions I would appreciate your help.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:38 AM

The bionic gear bag pattern had written instructions. When you downloaded the pattern it should have been many pages with templates and written instructions all mixed together. There is a Facebook page for the bionic gear bag. It is run by the owner of the pattern. It might be of some help. I don't have the info on it so you will have to do a search on Facebook for bionic gear bag, but that should get you to it.

Rob
Old 08-07-2017, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by topstitch View Post
I have watched the ones made by the bags designer and frankly, I don't feel they are up to par.
The person who designed the bag made a tutorial that was sub-par??? So, this means that the tutorial you downloaded was made by someone else?

Sorry, not really sure where to go from there, especially if you don't know who did the tutorial. Too bad they were on printed paper and not stored electronically in your Craftsy account. You might check to see if you can recover the data from your hard drive.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:22 AM

Check out the Facebook group "Sew Much Nicer Community". It is run by the designer of the bag. Some of the tutorials that were on there previously are no longer there, but there is a lot of helpful information.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:53 AM

Yes the tut I downloaded was made by an individual who was remarkable in her abilities to demonstrate the construction techniques as well as relate Concisely relevant information. The written instructions read like a diary and were unclear at best. When I bought the "pattern" I knew they would be useless to me but also knew I would do well with the tuts. I had not thought of checking my Craftsy account but will do that also.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-11-2017 at 09:18 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
Old 08-08-2017, 10:20 AM

I purchased the BGB pattern from Craftsy several years ago. I just checked and the download is still there- all 82 pages. It is extremely well-written and holds your hand step by step. I hope you find yours!
Old 08-09-2017, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by MsHeirloom View Post
I purchased the BGB pattern from Craftsy several years ago. I just checked and the download is still there- all 82 pages. It is extremely well-written and holds your hand step by step. I hope you find yours!
Thank you I did check and they are great. Iam almost finished with my bag just the last long zipper and the binding to go. Yay

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-11-2017 at 09:19 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS