Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Black and White quilt

Good Morning from Michigan. I am a new quilter and have been looking for a picture and or pattern to make a black and white with a little splash or red quilt. If anyone has a picture and or pattern you will be my new best friend and I will send you a Christmas card. Thanks...

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum!
    You can do a search right here or also google it and you'll probably find tons of ideas!! :)

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-37555-1.htm

At the top of the page in the search feature type in Black White and Red there are lots of examples this is just one.

Welcome from New York state!

if you google "three color quilts" you'll get some options...even two color with one part of the block given to a third color.

I made one that is great the pattern is from Cozy Quilt Designs titled Samurai Squares.

The Diasppearing Nine patch, done with all black and white squares except for center red is smashing...plus there are various ways to lay it out.

I agree with Marymm. The D9P is a great quilt in black and white with the touch of red

OH, I forgot to say WELCOME

Blog Entries
    I just finished a full size black, white and red quilt using the Yellow Brick Road pattern. Pattern calls for 24 fat quarters so I used 10 black/white fats, 10 white/black fats and 4 red fats. I added a black/white border. Turned out real cute.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome to the board from Eastern Washington.
    annrook, that is beautifal :thumbup:

I have one on my quilting frame right now that I am just about finished. I will post a photo when it is done.

Quote Originally Posted by helencolussi
    Good Morning from Michigan. I am a new quilter and have been looking for a picture and or pattern to make a black and white with a little splash or red quilt. If anyone has a picture and or pattern you will be my new best friend and I will send you a Christmas card. Thanks... [email protected]
    When I read this I thought you were listening in on a conversation I had this morning with my MIL! I was showing her my black and white fabric collection. I am wanting to make one for our King size bed. I love the Yellow Brick Road pattern I think I will have to consider it when I have enough fabric.

Welcome! Someone said DP9 (disappearing 9 patch) I think that is a great block for black, white and a color, put the color in the center block it looks great.

Welcome from new quilter to another from NY state

Here is the one I completed with the pattern Samurai squares.

I just seen one on here. It was a log cabin with the red center square. Very pretty! I don't remember who posted it. I will go back and find it and let you know.

i have a pattern calledBABY COWPOKE. the size is45 by53. it will make anice lap quilt the pattern says to use dark navy but i used black and black print material.the red borderis 3and one half incheswide you said a little red.is that too much red ?is the quilt too small? pm me. :thumbup: :thumbdown: :?: :?:

np3
    Blog Entries
    Welcome! I love black and white with a touch of red.

I did a black and white w/ red a few years ago. I'll try to find a picture of it. I'm just sewing the binding of another black and white / lime green for a 17 yr. old boy for Christmas. I can send a picture of that one too if you like?

Blog Entries
    I made a Bodacious pattern for a friend's daughter using musical prints. Not sure if you consider this "a splash of red" but she liked it.

Blog Entries
    In my opinion, you cannot make an ugly red, white, and black quilt. I'm convinced it is utterly impossible. I have made many but have given them all away so I can't post any pictures.
    Are you wanting something easy or a bit harder pattern to make your quilt? I'm sure all of us can guide you in the right direction. Just hold on and get ready for the ride.

Blog Entries
    Does this pattern start out as a 9 patch and then you cut it in half both ways and rotate the squares? My guild used that as our birthday block several years ago. I made mine in red, white, and blue for my hubby's retirement from Kansas Air National Guard 3 years ago. It turned out really nice. I surprised him with it by having everyone sign in the white parts before he received it. Made the ol boy shed a tear. Life was good that day!

I saw a log cabin quilt hanging in a quilt store and thought I'd do that. It was a long time ago and I still haven't started it. It was blacks and whites and the center was red. It was gorgeous. If I can figure out a problem I have right now with embroidery, then maybe I'll start the log cabin.
    Dodee

This is one I did for our Guild Show last June. It has bright pink, but you could substitute red. It's from a Blck and White quilts book.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast