Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A Block Challenge! >

A Block Challenge!

A Block Challenge!

Old 07-02-2010, 10:38 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by stitchinMamaw
Ok , here's mine . It's a little off . I'm trying , need to get a 1/4 " foot ! I think some of my seams are off . Annie
If it is off, I certainly can't tell. It turned out great!
Old 07-02-2010, 10:40 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Wow. Isn't it amazing how different the blocks can look just by changing the color placement. Great blocks!
Old 07-02-2010, 10:45 AM

It is amazing how different they can be. Thanks for showing us the alternates. I may never have thought to change that way.

Now, I have to work but I really wanna play with fabric and this block some more.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:00 AM

MaryMC: love your blocks and the different ways you put them together.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by marymc
Here's what I did...made 1 block then started playing with the fabric. This has really helped me see how one pattern can look many diferent ways. Too bad I don't have more of this fabric to play with, I had to piece the center cream color to do this much. If I only used 2 colors I could come up with even more looks. I might do that yet. Very fun, thanks for starting this challenge!!
WOW!! Now THAT's what I'm talkin about!

:thumbup:
Old 07-03-2010, 10:33 AM

Well, since I have not read or seen any other postings, it looks like everyone has submitted their block?? They all look so great and was wondering if any of you had any preferance as to what pattern we would do next. I have thought of about 3 different ones, but not sure of which one to choose.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:24 AM

Thought I would give the block challenge a try...you said we could tweek the colors so I did...hope you like it. It is peach, brown print and light green and laying on my new hawaiian rug...isn't it gorgeous?

Block challenge
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83137[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83132.jpe  
Old 07-03-2010, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Well, since I have not read or seen any other postings, it looks like everyone has submitted their block?? They all look so great and was wondering if any of you had any preferance as to what pattern we would do next. I have thought of about 3 different ones, but not sure of which one to choose.
How about from the 12" blocks on www.quilterscache.com: Buckeye Beauty, Calico Puzzle, or Next Door Neighbor....all three look pretty easy and would do well with color value variations I think..
Old 07-03-2010, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
You never know how many more we might see before the 6th! I think you should just pick a block for us - that way there is no pressure on us, just you!!! Personally, I want to use the same colors & eventually put together a quilt with all of the blocks. But whatever everyone else decides is fine with me.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Banned

I'm just learning to piece blocks , so please make it simple :roll: Annie