Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Block info please >

Block info please

Block info please

Old 04-20-2024, 01:10 PM

Default Block info please

Does anyone know this block name or quilt pattern?
Attached Thumbnails img_0453.jpeg  
Old 04-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Power Poster

No, but it's a beauty! Don't think I've ever seen a quilt exactly like it.
Old 04-20-2024, 03:59 PM

I found this one. Close enough for you? It’s called spiral feathered star in a Leisure arts book called Relax and Quilt
Attached Thumbnails img_1916.jpeg  
Old 04-20-2024, 05:07 PM

Rising Sun
https://nancycabotsewalong.blogspot....ilt-block.html

This Pinterest page has great ideas on ways to use this block. It has some patterns that could be usuable.
https://www.pinterest.com/gerandeb/quilts-rising-sun/

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 04-20-2024 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-20-2024, 08:22 PM
Power Poster

Can't help you with the name game, but it looks to be a very old quilt.
I'm guessing it was a well talked about beauty at the time. And surely quite unique.

More importantly ... how's your wrist doing?
Hope it is mending and not causing you any added problems.
Sure bet you are frustrated though ... and anxious to get back in the quilting saddle again!!
Old 04-21-2024, 03:08 AM

I'm pretty sure that I have the Relax and Quilt book on order from Amazon this week....at least it goes by the same name. Wll let you know when it arrives.
Old 04-21-2024, 04:36 AM

https://quiltindex.org/view/view/?ty...&kid=12-91-444
Here is a link to a newspaper pattern and some history
Old 04-21-2024, 05:04 AM

I also go with Rising Sun and with Ruby McKim/Newspaper Patterns as a source. That's quite the looker with the white centers and red background!
Old 04-21-2024, 08:16 AM
Power Poster

What a beauty! Glad the others identified it. How's the healing coming along?
Old 04-21-2024, 12:23 PM

Thank you all for this info and also asking about the broken wrist. It’s slow healing or at least feels slow to me. I want to do more than I am so that in itself makes the days seem long. I must confess I feel like a whimp to complain but we had a change of weather with cooler temps, thunderstorms and I had to grit my teeth to not cry out with pain. I also have poison Ivy on the hand and arm that’s driving me up the wall. It is better on some fingers but I can’t reach inside to put anything on my arm/wrist. I take Benadryl at night to help with itching and sleep. I started taking that at bedtime since the Aleve or Tylenol wasn’t helping much so I could sleep. I have had 2 natural childbirths, a broken shoulder and leg but this wrist has really made me a whimp! My sister asked me yesterday how did I get poison Ivy. I reminded her that I was working in the yard, when I fell. The bed I was in had poison Ivy growing in it. My husband is always good to help me through whatever. He doesn’t have patience like he had in younger years or maybe he just didn’t have anything to be patient about-lol I like to do what I can for myself but when he sees me put a bottle of water between my knees to open with one hand, he takes it away and opens. Some things, a lot of things, I have to depend on him and I’m thankful I can. I sure will be happy when I can sew again. I was on my 49th quilt for Quilts of Valor, when I ran out of fabric. Got my fabric then had my fall. Dr said maybe 8 weeks so that’s all of May and into June- Please send me names of good books you have read, links or pictures of quilts to make, etc to serve my time, since I feel imprisoned, since I can’t cut & sew- BYW a lady in my sewing group sent this quilt picture bc she knows I like vintage quilts. I do like the modern way we now cut and piece though-lol Thanks again for the info. I wonder if the pattern pieces from the pictures could be traced and used. It seems after the circle was pieced it was appliquéd onto a big square or a large 4 patch square. I’m not afraid of sewing curves but I would like it to come out right….