Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Block of the Month-am I being unreasonable? >

Block of the Month-am I being unreasonable?

Block of the Month-am I being unreasonable?

Old 01-09-2011, 06:23 AM
Lyn

Same thing happened to me with a kit. They substituted 3 different fabrics including a Christmas fabric. This was not a Christmas quilt! I complained (Not only were there substitutions but the fabric was short.) This was an online QS. She said the kit was on sale so I should have known there were substitutions. Wouldn't refund because it was on sale. I will never go back.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:28 AM

Can understand the "supply" problem but at the beginning they should have said that there was a problem and given the customer a choice. Not very good for public relations for the store.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:40 AM

They should have told you they were making a substitution. I once bought a kit and when it came the fabric was not the same as the picture. I still haven't made it up because the main fabric is ugly to me. I should have returned it but the extra shipping was too much for me at the time. Still irritates me.

I would mention to the LQS manager about your feelings and show her that it is not working. Give her the chance to give you a different fabric if you are not too far along, or a discount for future, or something!

Although, once you have it made and quilted, it may look a lot better than you think it is going to. The quilting makes a world of difference in tying things together.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:43 AM

Completely the fault of the shop! And to think you already spent so much time cutting and sewing! You have every right to complain or demand a refund or at least the opportunity to pick your own substitute. I never buy kits for this very reason, plus I know so many who do and end up short of fabric. I am good at picking my own and often go shopping with others who have difficulty putting fabrics together. I love doing so.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:47 AM

I would definitely complain. You didn't get what you thought you were getting and weren't told about the substitution. That isn't right!
Old 01-09-2011, 06:48 AM

I would take it back and have them help find a new material or ask them to refund your money. You did not get you paid for. Bad Business.
You can maybe pick out a fabric to use - Give them that option too. An Exchange
Old 01-09-2011, 06:49 AM

I agree with others here. You are NOT being unreasonable. You should get what was promised and paid for. The shop should have been up-front and told you and let you choose your own substitution. At the least they should now offer a discount on your chosen substitution or a refund on the unwanted fabric you have purchased already.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:09 AM

I would be really upset! This is not what you expected! Why not copy all these responses and give it to the shop owner. They were not honest with you. If they were, they would let you pick out a fabric you liked better. It's your room you are decorating. It's you who helps keep their shop open for business and they should not want to lose your business!
Old 01-09-2011, 07:11 AM

I would look on line for the fabric and if you can find it tell the quilt shop THEY have to PAY for it. If you can't find the fabric then you get a very good discount or all you money back. I would not be very happy and would very seriously demand a refund if fabric cannot be found.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:15 AM

I bought a kit from keepsake and had fallowed directions to a T. When I had completed 98% found it was short 5 inches. Called and talked to customer service and said I was at fault as I washed fabric. I replied that washing fabric was in directions. She refused to send 5 inches. Never bought from them again.