Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Block placement gone wrong! >

Block placement gone wrong!

Block placement gone wrong!

Old 04-12-2018, 02:43 AM

I'd leave it and if someone catches it I'd reply "that's just to show that no matter how much two things or persons are alike, there is always a difference somewhere." Beautiful job and by no means tell folks you made a design decision about block placement.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:12 AM

I would leave it; it IS a very busy pattern; but they are awesome. Look difficult to me. The babies won't care.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:38 AM

You are all so awesome and encouraging!! I appreciate all that each of you have said and also taking the time to do so! <3
Old 04-12-2018, 06:32 AM

I have considered it a curse of sorts to be so bothered by my mistakes in this life . . . not just with quilting . . . although that certainly gets to me. Please don't let this bother you. I am the one of the "pickiest" people on the planet and it took me a long time to see what you say is the faulty placement. THE BEST ADVICE I'VE SEEN IN THIS THREAD IS TO LET IT BE YOUR AMISH QUILTING "MISTAKE". I'm thinking that those who see these quilts will be so busy "oooing and ahhhing" that the "mistake" will never be seen. And who cares if it is? It will be a conversation starter!
Old 04-12-2018, 12:47 PM

Even with your very good description of where the mistake is, it still took several minutes for me to find it and figure out how it should have gone. I can imagine, looking at the whole quilt, no one is going to know, especially if they aren’t told.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:56 PM

I had a hard time finding it, and don't think it really matters with this pattern. I vote leave it alone.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:00 PM

PenneB It's perfect just the way it is. It's called the Zen Flaw. You must have one to make it perfect.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:53 AM

For sure leave it!