Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Block placement gone wrong! >

Block placement gone wrong!

Block placement gone wrong!

Old 04-11-2018, 04:48 AM

I spent quite a bit of time looking for the problem and I haven't found it. I vote for leaving it and claiming an Amish pattern. I especially like the idea of smiling and asking if they found the one on the pink one!!
Old 04-11-2018, 05:07 AM

If, the babies are a boy and a girl, they will not be identical, so not to worry. Took me a while to find the mistake which to you is obvious only because you know it's there. Great looking quilts.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:10 AM

I, too, had to look for a bit before I could find the HST and honestly don’t think anyone would notice...especially if a child is all swaddled up in it or it is bunched up in a crib. I’m sure your fantastic quilts will get plenty of love.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:17 AM

The baby won't even notice! It is amazing.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:55 AM

I would leave as is, your quilts look great what we can see. You know there is only ONE that is perfect.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:39 AM

It is not a mistake - it is a unique design element assuring no one will ever have a matching quilt! He is special! (and, if you don't point it out he we probably not see it!)
Old 04-11-2018, 07:44 AM
Power Poster

I've made far worse mistakes, ones that had to be taken out. This one is so minor and hard to find - I would definitely leave it as-is. No one but another quilter would ever notice, and then only if you pointed it out first.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:26 AM

I had to look and look and look before I found it. It doesn't detract from the beauty of the quilt in any way even once you find it. Given that, and that you've already quilted it, I am adding to the chorus of leave it in!

If you don't tell them, I bet they'll never notice. It can also be fun to tell someone there is a block turned the wrong way but don't point out which one. I did that once and the recipient will sometimes look for it when he's using the quilt, but he has yet to find it. It might sound corny, but it's made the quilt more special. Tell the twins when they're old enough to play the find-the-misplaced-block game.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:39 AM

I would leave it especially since the quilting has been done. If it really bothers you, create an applique to put on both quilts at that spot. Initials would work.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:06 AM

Leave it! You can even think of it as an intentional design choice. Even though they are twins, they are unique and it is represented in the quilts. It's so hard to find the difference that I don't think anyone would even find it unless you pointed it out!

Like Angela Walter says, "a finished quilt is better than a perfect quilt".