Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Blog Junkie ...Is there a 12 step program for us? >

Blog Junkie ...Is there a 12 step program for us?

Blog Junkie ...Is there a 12 step program for us?

Old 09-17-2009, 06:42 AM

Hi my name is Lainee...and I'm a quilting blog addict. In the begining, I was checking in to the board every morning with coffee in hand...reading the main topics and looking at all the new pictures...checking out all the new things mentioned. And then....members started mentioning blogs...sometimes there own...sometimes others and I thought, hey, I'll check out a couple....what's it going to hurt. Then I started saving them in my favorites and before long I had maybe twenty saved.

Monday, I stepped out on the slippery slope and down I went! While watching TQS, I saw Alex and Ricky's segment on Quilterblogs.com. It all seemed harmless enough, but your'e lured in by how easy it is to see all the daily updates from quilters!!!! And don't get me started on verring further off the path when you start looking at all the bloggers favorite blog sites!!!

OK...I have to go get another cup of coffee...and maybe... look at just one more blog site....really I think I can get this under control and not have to stop cold turkey...really! I'm not in denial...really!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 07:05 AM

Listen to me... right now, very slowly, push your chair back and try to walk away. If that doesn't work, turn off the computer and walk away. If that still doesn't work, have someone password protect the computer. I know what you are going through. You can spend more time in quilting blogs than quilting. Go figure. You are looking at someone else's quilts, but no one is looking at yours, because you are not making them. With that same idea, turn on your machine and start sewing something... no matter what. Just sew.

Did my intervention work? If it didn't I can send you the link to MY blog.

Maria
Old 09-17-2009, 07:29 AM

Sure...send it to me...just one more won't hurt!
Old 09-17-2009, 07:40 AM

At TQS I am Maride. I haven't posted anything in my blog for the longest time. Our house ordeal is far from over, but I will update soon. I do have many quilts posted in my profile. What is your screen name in TQS?

Maria
Old 09-17-2009, 07:43 AM

I can relate. I have an Internet addiction. I'll read and read and read the threads on here and I can't stop!

My solution: I'm disconnecting the Internet after I finish a project I'm working on (next few days)
Old 09-17-2009, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Maride
At TQS I am Maride. I haven't posted anything in my blog for the longest time. Our house ordeal is far from over, but I will update soon. I do have many quilts posted in my profile. What is your screen name in TQS?

Maria
At TQS, my screen name is lainee. I haven't started a blog there just filed in some data that was requested. Hmmmmm...I'll have to look at a couple of blogs there.

Haven't been able to do much quilting for a while, what with going back and forth between IL and GA and having the house on the market (and keeping it ready to show at a moments notice) I've been reluctant to set up a quilting area (do designated area in IL).
Old 09-17-2009, 08:31 AM

should have said (no designated quilting area in IL)
Old 09-17-2009, 01:12 PM

Thanks a LOT, Lainie. You have just made a quilt blog junkie out of me. (Yippee! So many new blogs to read!)
Old 09-17-2009, 02:44 PM

This is too funny. I am reading this and laughing. DH walks in and asks "How long can you sit there and look at quilt stuff?"
Maybe I do need to push this chair back and just walk away. Maybe not. :lol:
Old 09-18-2009, 06:03 AM

Very funny ~
Originally Posted by Maride
Listen to me... right now, very slowly, push your chair back and try to walk away. If that doesn't work, turn off the computer and walk away. If that still doesn't work, have someone password protect the computer. I know what you are going through. You can spend more time in quilting blogs than quilting. Go figure. You are looking at someone else's quilts, but no one is looking at yours, because you are not making them. With that same idea, turn on your machine and start sewing something... no matter what. Just sew.

Did my intervention work? If it didn't I can send you the link to MY blog.

Maria