Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bob Woodward Special >

Bob Woodward Special

Bob Woodward Special

Old 12-16-2007, 10:24 AM

LaRae and all others.. I want to thank all of you who do this for our guys.. My Hubby has already done 3 tours of duty and is going back for his 4th sometime the end of January..

I did save the link provided by LaRae... I think it is an excellent cause..
Old 12-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Suz

I put my name, address and email on the label as well as in the letter I send with each of my quilts. I have heard from the Red Cross volunteers and military personnel who pass the quilts out, but have not heard from any of the recipients. I look forward to hearing from them when the time is appropriate. Right now I believe their job is to get well. -- Regardless, I will continue.

My dh is an avid reader and recently we have been sticking two from his book stash in our boxes. He also has written some Christmas cards which we include. John is also a Marine. Today he received a nice note from the wife of a Marine at a VA hospital in West Virginia.

Most of our mailings are to the East Coast, however, I have sent to OK, CA and WY as well. Shipping for longer distances cost more. Many have been sent directly to Iraq and Afghanistan.

I must learn how to post pictures from my digital camera. Anyone have any ideas how to start - after the new year though. Too much on my plate before then.

Suzanne
Old 12-22-2007, 02:56 PM

WILL BE SENDING AS MANY QUILTS AS I CAN MANAGE FOR THESE WONDERFUL MEN AND WOMEN.. IT WILL BE A PRIVILEGE.

GOD BLESS ALL...MARY
Old 12-23-2007, 06:36 AM

Just want to add my two cents to this thread. It is incredibly heartwarming to see what a wonderful group of quilters are on this board. Also its a wonderful reminder that as one person we can make a huge positive difference in many peoples' lives. As a mom of two active duty military sons, I thank each and every one of you. God Bless You!