Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bobbin Winder >

Bobbin Winder

Bobbin Winder

Old 11-30-2010, 03:46 PM
Power Poster

My friend ended up getting a sepperate bobbin winder. Besure to plug it into the outlet though as when it does it on the batteries it does not do as good a job. She had dropped her machine and it broke the winder for sure.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Power Poster

I bet it's thread or something binding the bobbin spool. All my machines are easy to remove screws and take the housing off so I can see immediately what is wrong. I have saved many $ by finding the problem myself. My computerized machine I took it to the repairman and said I wanted a service charge for him to show me how to take the housing off and put back on, what not to touch and what is okay to touch. I told him I was moving away so he wouldn't be servicing my machines anyway so why not make some money showing me how. Worth every penny.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I bet it's thread or something binding the bobbin spool. All my machines are easy to remove screws and take the housing off so I can see immediately what is wrong. I have saved many $ by finding the problem myself. My computerized machine I took it to the repairman and said I wanted a service charge for him to show me how to take the housing off and put back on, what not to touch and what is okay to touch. I told him I was moving away so he wouldn't be servicing my machines anyway so why not make some money showing me how. Worth every penny.
Good advice
Old 11-30-2010, 08:27 PM
Banned

I got my Sidewinder from Hancock's for $19.95--it's pretty lightweight and junky but it does the job. There's a new model that I haven't seen but is supposedly better. You just have to watch the Sidewinder to be sure the thread is winding on the bobbin evenly. You might have to help guide the thread with your hand--but it's cheaper than taking your machine in for repairs. Hope you've gotten the problem solved.

Dana