Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guilt go away!

I have so many projects / gifts to finish but don't feel like working on anything tonight. I am in jammies, wrapped in blankie and watching TV, reading posts on the Board.

Anyone else get this way?

Banned
    Today was not my day to sew either!

I do that all the time. I have to work on many projects at once because I get bored with just one and get in "those" moods and just never want to finish it. But when I can switch it up a little and move from one to the other I can finish around 4 per month (in a good month) LOL

I get that way a lot too, after working 6 days a week and having only sunday off it takes a lot of motivation right outta me.

When My back is screaming from sitting at the machine too long, that is when I will relax with the TV and or the computer, I don't have enough sense to quit before my back feels like it's in my stomach, probably from hunching over as I sew.................

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    I get that way as well. I have several quilt tops I need to finish but have lost interest in them but need to get them done.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    All the time!!! Lately I can't get motivated, darn!!!
    Someone please HELP!!!!!!!!!!! :D

P.S. do you have any snow up there????

Blog Entries
    If it's not fun it is work. We get paid for work. No pay, just play.
    In honesty, it does me no good to try to quilt if I don't feel like it. I won't accomplish anything.
    Enjoy the posts. We've got your back. :thumbup:

PPS> I just looked at this page and everyone of us is on the computer!!, Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Colorful Quilter
    When My back is screaming from sitting at the machine too long, that is when I will relax with the TV and or the computer, I don't have enough sense to quit before my back feels like it's in my stomach, probably from hunching over as I sew.................
    I usually do that with yard work, house cleaning, etc. My back gives me the warning but do I heed the warning. Nope, suffer later I do!

Way too often. I need to get down there and get to sewing but I just want hibernate.

Banned
    yes me too I have some serious piecing going on here and I just cant get motivated, way too many curves. will post pics soon, but I just cant wrap my brain around getting something stitched. It will be one of my show pieces. I have to get fired up soon lqg show is in Febuary.

Quote Originally Posted by bgullett
    I have so many projects / gifts to finish but don't feel like working on anything tonight. I am in jammies, wrapped in blankie and watching TV, reading posts on the Board.

Anyone else get this way?
    You are getting INPUT! Yes!

I have been so overwhelmed with trying to get all my christmas presents/quilts done..The further behind I got the less I wanted to sew lol. Finally today I admitted that there was no way I could complete the 3 quilts..And I didn't want just one person to open theirs and the other two not get theirs...Soooo, I had just enough of everyones fabric to make them matching pillow cases to thier future quilts. I'll call them "teasers" lol
    And I'll be darn if I didn't sew the last one inside out! ( no more material! whaaa lol) I tossed it on the bed along with my seam ripper and stomped to my computor/quilting board..This is the first thread I clicked on, too ironic.lol

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I can't help, but I can commiserate. I, too, am online tonight.

I have all these barracks quilts ready to go out and I just can't make myself wrap them in plastic and stuff the mailing box. Of course, it IS too big for me to handle - I have to wrestle it across the room, onto the porch, into the casr, into the post office...it's just overwhelming today.

We had our coldest morning of the fall today and I could NOT get warm all day. And to cap that, the landlord decided today of all days, to remove one of the windows in my bedroom which had a rotten sill and board up the hole until he and son can build a new window in a couple/three days. Now my romm is so dark, not that I'll care in the night time; but they have at least given me lots of insulation and it's warmer in there now than it has been for the 3 winters I've lived here!

Hibernating come so easily and naturally on the cold, gray days of winter. :cry:

Jan in VA

Tonight I actually went as far as to plug in my iron and actually pin three blocks and even sew and iron the seams ..... but then netflix was calling me ..... and my couch looked good ..... sooooo yeah, I sat on the couch and finished tying the fringe on one of my Christmas gifts :-)

I understand the feeling. I am so busy with other things I can't get to sew until Thursday and by then my grandkids will be here for babysitting. Maybe next weekend??

yea sometimes i just want to "chillax"

Thanks everyone, I feel better to knowI am not alone! But like a line from my favorite movie of all time, Gone with the Wind, "tomorrow is another day"!

yes, but I don't feel guilty about it.

I had really good intentions when I got home today, but then we went out to dinner with friends, got home 2 hours later, and here I sit! Now I am about ready to head off to bed, so I guess there will be no sewing tonight. Sigh. Oh well, there's always Saturday. That's my next free time. :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by bgullett
    Thanks everyone, I feel better to knowI am not alone! But like a line from my favorite movie of all time, Gone with the Wind, "tomorrow is another day"!
    ahhhh, yes - - Miss Scarlett and her "I will think about it tomorrow!" (some of my favorite words) ...
    for those of us who get discouraged because we don't get the WHOLE project done at a sitting, let's remember the words of my father.
    He was clearing his land for the home place and working the garbage route which took him from home at 3am in the morning, and worked until almost dark.
    He told me that he made up his mind that he would clear one square foot a day. It might not have seemed like much, but if he worked on one square foot a day, his land was more clear on the next day than it had been the day before.
    And, he added, almost as an afterthought ... some days, I did a little more and that was good, but the big thing was that one square foot a day.
    Just something to think about.

Sore throat started Thursday and havn't sewn anything since. Head is so stuffed now, I can't see clearly. I hope tomorrow I can make up for the delay. Several projects to finish for the holidays. 5 days lost so far. My DD got it 1 1/2 days before me. She is starting to feel better. I got the flu shot too.

Oh ya I have those times too. I got no sewing done today at my group sew. Burned out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast