Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Guilt go away! >

Guilt go away!

Guilt go away!

Old 11-29-2010, 06:49 PM

yes, but I don't feel guilty about it.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:52 PM

I had really good intentions when I got home today, but then we went out to dinner with friends, got home 2 hours later, and here I sit! Now I am about ready to head off to bed, so I guess there will be no sewing tonight. Sigh. Oh well, there's always Saturday. That's my next free time. :cry:
Old 11-29-2010, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by bgullett
Thanks everyone, I feel better to knowI am not alone! But like a line from my favorite movie of all time, Gone with the Wind, "tomorrow is another day"!
ahhhh, yes - - Miss Scarlett and her "I will think about it tomorrow!" (some of my favorite words) ...
for those of us who get discouraged because we don't get the WHOLE project done at a sitting, let's remember the words of my father.
He was clearing his land for the home place and working the garbage route which took him from home at 3am in the morning, and worked until almost dark.
He told me that he made up his mind that he would clear one square foot a day. It might not have seemed like much, but if he worked on one square foot a day, his land was more clear on the next day than it had been the day before.
And, he added, almost as an afterthought ... some days, I did a little more and that was good, but the big thing was that one square foot a day.
Just something to think about. <wave>
Old 11-29-2010, 07:30 PM

Sore throat started Thursday and havn't sewn anything since. Head is so stuffed now, I can't see clearly. I hope tomorrow I can make up for the delay. Several projects to finish for the holidays. 5 days lost so far. My DD got it 1 1/2 days before me. She is starting to feel better. I got the flu shot too.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:33 PM

Oh ya I have those times too. I got no sewing done today at my group sew. Burned out.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:38 PM

I have plenty of those days! Sometimes work, errands, house maintenance stuff is just too much! I know I don't do good work when I am too tired, so it's nice to come here and admire someone else's work or pick up a tip! I also think I am affected by the time change. The sun goes down and I start getting sleepy! I haven't adjusted fully yet.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:41 PM

I only get to quilt on the weekends. I leave for work at 5 AM and it is usually 5:30 - 6:00 PM before I get home. So by the time supper is over I have no energy for quilting. Besides I am smother with kisses from the puppies, who have been waiting all day for me to get home. So I usually catch up here with the news, watch TV, wish I was quilting and plan more projects than I ever have time for. Therefore it takes me forever to get projects done.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:01 AM

If you are hunching over, try a lower seat and put a pillow on it.

Originally Posted by Colorful Quilter
When My back is screaming from sitting at the machine too long, that is when I will relax with the TV and or the computer, I don't have enough sense to quit before my back feels like it's in my stomach, probably from hunching over as I sew.................
Old 11-30-2010, 05:34 AM

I couldn't wait for Thanksgiving to get over so that I could sew----I haven't picked up a piece of fabric. EVERY year right after Thanksgiving I get sick. Do you think I'm allergic to turkey or just cooking in general? Anyway, I'm coughing my head off, blowing my nose, running a fever and feel miserable. I want to sew but. . . . .
Old 11-30-2010, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by geckogirl
Tonight I actually went as far as to plug in my iron and actually pin three blocks and even sew and iron the seams ..... but then netflix was calling me ..... and my couch looked good ..... sooooo yeah, I sat on the couch and finished tying the fringe on one of my Christmas gifts :-)
I love netflix!!! This same thing happens to me alot, hummmm