Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bohemian Quilt >

Bohemian Quilt

Bohemian Quilt

Old 02-18-2017, 07:47 AM

Default Bohemian Quilt

My grand daughter is getting married and I asked her if she wanted a quilt for her wedding and of course she said yes. I asked her what colors and she said Bohemian style quilt. Well, had no idea so looked it up and it's just brightly colored fabrics which I really like. Has anyone made a Bohemian Quilt and what pattern? Have looked some up and really pretty, but would like to get your takes on this. Pictures would be awesome. Thanks for your help.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:26 AM

When I think of bohemian as a style (like in clothes) I think paisley, loose, layered, not coordinated, hot mess. So I was curious and googled images of bohemian quilts, and if it were me making it for a gift I would ask lots more questions of what the grand daughter thinks of as bohemian b/c the range was scary wide.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

When I think of bohemian I think of michael miller floral or amy bradley fabrics. Lots of wild blocks of color meshed together in such a way as to burst forward in your mind.

Or perhaps a paper pieced quilt pattern by jinney beyer. Tons of patterns and color to the fabrics.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 02-18-2017 at 08:42 AM.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:50 AM
Power Poster

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bohe...ih=835#imgrc=_
Yummy looking! Yes, I would double check on what she means but paisley, true red and black/dark blue back grounds seem to be part of it as do larger simple squares. I also think of folklore type of fabric.
https://www.google.com/search?biw=11....0.eqXeykJsjzc
Old 02-18-2017, 09:17 AM

Wow, I really like the (drunken) bohemian quilt. Drunkards path with great colorful prints.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
When I think of bohemian I think of michael miller floral or amy bradley fabrics.
Amy Butler?
Vera Bradley?
Old 02-18-2017, 09:53 AM
Power Poster

When I think of bohemian quilts, I think of Hippie style, or modern. Amy Butler or Kaffe Fasset. Lots of color. Maybe send her a link to this page and ask her if this is what she had in mind:
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...sp=1&qs=SC&sk=
Old 02-18-2017, 10:33 AM

The first thing I thought of was the Gypsy wife pattern. Maybe get your DD to look at the images and narrow the range a bit. Brights and bolds--such fun!!
Old 02-18-2017, 10:55 AM

Gosh, I didn't even know that there were such things as Bohemian quilts. I think of the 60's when I think of Bohemian. I'd definitely send her pictures of some of these quilts and have her show you what style she likes best.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by GingerK View Post
The first thing I thought of was the Gypsy wife pattern. Maybe get your DD to look at the images and narrow the range a bit. Brights and bolds--such fun!!
Exactly what I thought too--My favorite Gypsy Wife one is one that used brights and prints like Kaffe Fassett type and the stripes are in a black/white stripe--very cool, very modern and I'm betting your GD would like it. Googe Gypsy Wife and see what they look like.

Jenn Kingwell is the designer and she has several patterns that may work on for you.