Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt >

Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt

Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt

Old 11-20-2012, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
Candi, your Orca Bay is spectacular! I don't have mine quilted yet. I finished both of my flimsys by the end of January each year.

I think we should start a new thread for the Quilt too, then people can post their fabrics when they get them together. I'm still collecting my fabrics! I forgot what section Orca Bay was posted in last year, do you remember?
It was in the BOM section, which is why I started my thread there asking if there was going to be a thread. I'm still hoping a mod will respond and make it a sticky.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:35 PM

If we get a sticky, please post a link here. I'm following this thread, hoping to keep up with everyone's mystery work.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:01 PM

Okay...let's see, I have two Texas quilt tops, two houses quilt tops, a log cabin quilt top and a double wedding ring quilt top all in progress. I also have three purses to make by Christmas and a quilt loaded on the longarm with about a dozen waiting to be quilted. AND I work full time!! Do I really want or have time to start another???

Oh, what the heck! I'm going to give this a try. After all...it is Bonnie and she did say it would be "easy" right??

I have written down the Valspar numbers and the yardage for each. (This will be my first mystery, so I think I'll stick with her on the colors.) Now, if I can just remember to download the clues each week, maybe I won't get too far behind...yeah, right!! LOL
Old 11-20-2012, 03:43 PM

Bonnie mentioned last year to just do a few of each step. That way when she starts putting the pieces together, you will have enough to know what it looks like, and you can finish it later. You can then ask questions over on the Yahoo Quiltville Blog site. You will get tons of answers from those quilters! I did not finish either of the last two until late January of the following year. I always fall behind on Christmas week!