Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: book for quilting with precuts

book for quilting with precuts

would any of you recommend a book on quilting with precuts, nice patterns, charm packs
    ? I have a gift certificate for Barnes and Noble and quilting book would be nice
    thank you

I don't have any of these books but I have heard the "nickle quilt" series of books focus on using 5" charms. On Amazon you can "look inside" many of them to see if there are some patterns you like.

https://www.amazon.com/Nickel-Quilts.../dp/1564774163

I would definitely recommend any of Pam & Nicky Lintott's books. They've written ones on just jelly rolls, just charms, combinations of jelly rolls and charms, etc. Really good step-by-step instructions with illustrations and photos for each step. I use them all the time and have made several quilts from each book. (Tried to add a link unsuccessfully - sorry! Just enter Lintott into Amazon's search slot.)
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Also Pat Eimo I think that is her name, I believe she does more with jelly rolls. Just in case the name is incorrect you can find her on Craftsy.
    Maria
    Always be true to yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
    I don't have any of these books but I have heard the "nickle quilt" series of books focus on using 5" charms. On Amazon you can "look inside" many of them to see if there are some patterns you like.

https://www.amazon.com/Nickel-Quilts.../dp/1564774163
    Just a note: I find Connecting Threads' look inside feature much more helpful than Amazon's, though the selection is obviously smaller.

Go to Amazon and type in Charm pack quilting for example and you will get a list of books. Take some of the titles that interest you and check Connecting threads to see if they have them. As someone above said you can look through the patterns at Connecting Threads. Amazon will let you put in a general topic whereas with Connecting Threads you have to have a specific title I think.

Kim Brackett has several design books with precuts. I don't know which ones are still in print but if you google her you will see them.

You might want to try a used book store too. You can look thru the books there and make your decision. We have a store called Bookman's and it has a lot of used quilting books and I love to go and browse once in a while. Just a thought on being able to visually look at your leisure.

I bought Charm School by Vanessa Goertzen, and I absolutely love it. I haven't been quilting very long, but every pattern in there is extremely doable, very pretty, and well-explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariannaquilts View Post
    Also Pat Eimo I think that is her name, I believe she does more with jelly rolls. Just in case the name is incorrect you can find her on Craftsy.
    Kimberly einmo is her name I believe
    Brother (XL-3500i, CV3550, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D), Juki MO-2000QVP, Handiquilter Avante

Quote Originally Posted by ArtsyOne View Post
    I would definitely recommend any of Pam & Nicky Lintott's books. They've written ones on just jelly rolls, just charms, combinations of jelly rolls and charms, etc. Really good step-by-step instructions with illustrations and photos for each step. I use them all the time and have made several quilts from each book. (Tried to add a link unsuccessfully - sorry! Just enter Lintott into Amazon's search slot.)
    A second here. My library has several of these books and there aren't many of their quilts I don't like.

I also agree with Pam and Nicky Lintotts. I have also been tomtheirmquilt
    Shop in England

Kimberly Eino's are great, too.