Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Border Ideas >

Border Ideas

Border Ideas

Old 05-22-2020, 08:04 AM

Default Border Ideas

Making Labyrinth Walk quilt for my grandson. The main border is plain black. I think it needs a little something added to it.

I had thought if splitting the black border and adding a “ribbon” from the other colors in the quilt.

Any suggestions? And thank you.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:21 AM

Janice......this is simply input but definitely a professional.....I just made this quilt and I think the black border be there as it helps to complete the illusion that there is an to the labyrinth....but if you put a smaller, say only 2" border around the black border, that could help your theory that it "needs something". I also did one of those bindings(sorry can't remember the term right now) where it's one color on the top binding and a different color on the bottom binding......clear as mud......I'm happy with how it turned out. It was a fun pattern to do, wasn't it?? I don't have a camera, but I'd like to see yours when it's finished.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-22-2020 at 11:46 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 05-22-2020, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by grmamrtha1 View Post
I also did one of those bindings(sorry can't remember the term right now) where it's one color on the top binding and a different color on the bottom binding.
I think maybe you're talking about a flange binding?

I agree, I think anything more complicated would detract from the overall impact of the quilt. I do like the idea of a flange binding.