Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
To Border or Not to Border, that is the question? >

To Border or Not to Border, that is the question?

To Border or Not to Border, that is the question?

Old 09-21-2018, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bug Lady View Post
I vote for no border but would use very dark fabric binding like solid black or very very dark solid blue. Beautiful quilt and wish it were mine. Enjoy and thanks for sharing. Karen
This is the first one I saw for a dark border. I like it as is, but if it were mine, I would put on a narrow stop border of black or very dark something, and then piano keys in all these lovely colors.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:38 PM

I think I would add a border . . . but I personally would not like a white border. Can't say exactly why . . . it's just such a riot of color . . . I'd stick with color.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:44 PM

Don’t you love getting all this advice after you already commented your decision several comments ago?
Old 09-23-2018, 08:30 AM

Beautiful, busy and bright quilt. I feel it needs a somewhat quiet border. Maybe a fabric that reads solid. Please share with us a pic when you decide.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:47 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Patchworkbarb View Post
I was just trying to use up some scraps, which just created a bazillion half square triangles. My mom would like this for her tv room, so I think I am just going to quilt it and bind and call it done.
Good choice. I think bright scrappy quilts like this look just fine without a border. What you could do, is put an extra wide binding on it, like I did on the quilt pictured here: Super bright and colorful kids quilt (sunglasses warning!)
Old 09-24-2018, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
Don’t you love getting all this advice after you already commented your decision several comments ago?
I think some answer before reading any replies. But it is hard to read all the replies. That takes a lot of time.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
Good choice. I think bright scrappy quilts like this look just fine without a border. What you could do, is put an extra wide binding on it, like I did on the quilt pictured here: Super bright and colorful kids quilt (sunglasses warning!)
Love your quilt. I’m auditioning a Kaffe Fasset fabric for borders. Still undecided
Old 10-02-2018, 02:42 AM

It would be more 'modern' without a border. However, a border would be very attractive, especially if the corners are mitered. You have lots of colors to choose from. You have lots of options, I can see why it is hard to choose. Please be sure to show us what you choose.