Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Boston Lone Star >

Boston Lone Star

Boston Lone Star

Old 06-04-2011, 08:02 AM

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but there is an ebook available by Rhonda here on the Board. Someone may have already posted the link but here it is again: http://www.quiltedparadise.com/n/977-owz.jsp
Congratulations to your son! My step son was going to get married in October (thought that would be enough time to get a quilt done but they moved but their plans to July because he may get deployed (for the third time). Don't think I'll get it done in time :-(
Old 06-04-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter2B
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but there is an ebook available by Rhonda here on the Board. Someone may have already posted the link but here it is again: http://www.quiltedparadise.com/n/977-owz.jsp
Congratulations to your son! My step son was going to get married in October (thought that would be enough time to get a quilt done but they moved but their plans to July because he may get deployed (for the third time). Don't think I'll get it done in time :-(
Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:19 AM

I saw the picture before I saw your next post, and I immediately thought the same thing - Lone Star center with Trip around the World borders, and a smaler 8-point star at the top.
If you go about it that way, seems like it should work. Good luck, and good for you not waiting till the last minute to start your project ( like I do most of the time:) )
Old 06-04-2011, 08:31 AM

I'd think the easiest way to make a bigger quilt is simply to add more borders, if you already have a pattern. You might add a couple small inner borders---------or simply make the outer borders a few inches wider.

Originally Posted by Terri Morin
Hi All - I'm new to this blog. It seems like we all can be very helpful to each other, as well as being good on-line friends.

I need a little help. My son is getting married in a year or so, and, of course, I want to make him and his fiance a very special quilt. I made my daughter a double wedding ring star, which turned out simply gorgeous. I'm thinking of making Matt the Boston Lone Star, which turns out to be a combination of a Boston Common block and Lone Star. My problem? How do I (a) find a pattern for a king size? or (b) develop my own pattern? And, then, how do I determine how much fabric? I'm one to find a pattern and follow directions, but this one looks so very, very special, I just have to make it. Any advise or help?
Old 06-04-2011, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
I'd think the easiest way to make a bigger quilt is simply to add more borders, if you already have a pattern. You might add a couple small inner borders---------or simply make the outer borders a few inches wider.

Hi All - I'm new to this blog. It seems like we all can be very helpful to each other, as well as being good on-line friends.

I need a little help. My son is getting married in a year or so, and, of course, I want to make him and his fiance a very special quilt. I made my daughter a double wedding ring star, which turned out simply gorgeous. I'm thinking of making Matt the Boston Lone Star, which turns out to be a combination of a Boston Common block and Lone Star. My problem? How do I (a) find a pattern for a king size? or (b) develop my own pattern? And, then, how do I determine how much fabric? I'm one to find a pattern and follow directions, but this one looks so very, very special, I just have to make it. Any advise or help?
Yes, I do that, but my issue now is that I don't have a pattern, nor do I know how much of any one fabric to get. I kinda think I know where I'm going better now. Start off my making a large Lone Star, square it up after adding the corners, and then make the Trip Around the World. I've not "designed" a quilt before, so this is completely new, and could be expensive, territory, if I don't get it right!!
Old 06-04-2011, 08:39 AM

I checked out the picture...wow...that quilt pattern is beautiful.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by trolleystation
I checked out the picture...wow...that quilt pattern is beautiful.
Isn't it? Just HAVE to make it.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:44 AM

I'm thinking of making Matt the Boston Lone Star, which turns out to be a combination of a Boston Common block and Lone Star. My problem? How do I (a) find a pattern for a king size? or (b) develop my own pattern? And, then, how do I determine how much fabric? I'm one to find a pattern and follow directions, but this one looks so very, very special, I just have to make it. Any advise or help?
The Boston Lone Star I saw was a Lone Star on point surrounded by Trip Around the World rows. If that's the one you're talking about, I can probably come up with a pattern. PM me.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by catmcclure
I'm thinking of making Matt the Boston Lone Star, which turns out to be a combination of a Boston Common block and Lone Star. My problem? How do I (a) find a pattern for a king size? or (b) develop my own pattern? And, then, how do I determine how much fabric? I'm one to find a pattern and follow directions, but this one looks so very, very special, I just have to make it. Any advise or help?
The Boston Lone Star I saw was a Lone Star on point surrounded by Trip Around the World rows. If that's the one you're talking about, I can probably come up with a pattern. PM me.
That's it!!! OMG!! That would be so extremely helpful. You'd do that? Let me know how much you'd charge.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:34 AM

This is the site of the Boston Lone Star - http://www.familyfarmquilts.com/prod...cat=205&page=1
That quilt is drop dead georgous. I think you probably would have to figure what you need for the star and then at least double it. You could do as already said and graph it out. Good luck. Keep us up to date on progress.