Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bottom drops out of water bottle

Wink Bottom drops out of water bottle

So, there I was reaching for my handy dandy spritzer bottle and low and behold I miss it, the goofy thing just barely bounces off the shelf and the next thing I know I'm cleaning up water from my shelf of books..... Who knew to check the age of a plastic water bottle? I may have drowned a couple of dust bunnies in the process and the books are all spread strategically to allow the bottom corners to dry off. That blew away the quilting I was going to start for a charity quilt. Guess I'll try and look on the positive side: the shelf is clean now and I'm having a cup of coffee and a ginger cookie and pouring out my woes to a great group of fellow quilters.
    Charlie DiSante

Exactly, you did some unintended cleaning! Good positive way to look at it
    Heather

Blog Entries
    Hmmm, i have gallon water jugs down here and use one as a door stop to the folding door to my sewing room. i have three cats i must keep out! i move the jug a lot and push back in place. one day i found it had leaked and i had an empty box sitting underneath my room heater. yikes. since then I've moved the other jugs into the room with the water heater and am very careful when moving the door stop one!
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

Blog Entries
    Some people will do anything for a cookie. . . LOL
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

It's always something, isn't it?? Glad you made the best of it!!

Dina

So sorry about the mishap!!!

I don't think I want to try your style of cleaning LoL truth is I try not to do much of That any way!LoL

Just this afternoon I was wondering why my foot felt wet while I was ironing. Finally found the hole in the side of the water bottle. Well, I am cheap and needed to iron so I poured out some of the water and, if I keep the bottle level, I can still spray. Guess I need another bottle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Just this afternoon I was wondering why my foot felt wet while I was ironing. Finally found the hole in the side of the water bottle. Well, I am cheap and needed to iron so I poured out some of the water and, if I keep the bottle level, I can still spray. Guess I need another bottle.
    Duct tape it. Will get a few more miles from it. HaHa!
    sew1

Sorry about your books, hope they will be Ok better buy some new bottles myself

This is why I love this board!! Not only have I learned alot, but its entertaining also. You never know when your going to get a good laugh! Almost everybody has a positive attitude and can turn a not so good situation into something to smile about.

spilled liquid is the only way my kitchen floor gets mopped! Always "barn" slop coming in on boots and shoes!