Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bought a Flynn Frame

cjk
    and I've tried for over a week to get the hang of it. It is so frustrating! I spend most of my time trying to get the PVC pipes that came with it in the right place. I can never seem to get them balanced right. There is maybe one place in the middle where I think that maybe it's working the way it's suppose to and my sewing doesn't look like something out of a horror movie! I'm so disappointed with this system. I'm on a budget and this is what I could afford. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm ready to throw it in a closet somewhere! :-(

Email the company the owner will get in touch and walk you through. They are really good at the. Keep trying!!

I had a Flynn frame a few years ago, and gave up with the pvc pipes. Hubby bought some 'chair casters' and drilled holes in the bottom of the frame ends, so the casters would fit in there and it rolled around very nicely!!! Hope this helps......... the pvc was on the floor more than it was on the table LOL

cjk
    I've watched the video so many times I don't think I can watch it again. He makes it look so easy. But getting those pvc pipes to roll is a headache!

cjk
    Quote Originally Posted by whinnytoo
    I had a Flynn frame a few years ago, and gave up with the pvc pipes. Hubby bought some 'chair casters' and drilled holes in the bottom of the frame ends, so the casters would fit in there and it rolled around very nicely!!! Hope this helps......... the pvc was on the floor more than it was on the table LOL
    Wow!! never thought of that! Maybe I'll try it

I bought one I didn't have any trouble with that. The orange PVP pipes are they too tall for your machine? Keep trying and good luck

cjk
    Quote Originally Posted by kristen0112
    I bought one I didn't have any trouble with that. The orange PVP pipes are they too tall for your machine? Keep trying and good luck
    I measured them and they are right for the machine. I keep telling myself I need to step away and come back later... and when I do it's still the same.... But I haven't given up yet!

Sounds like me - I just got a Bailey's Long arm and have had LOTS of trouble getting it set up. I try a suggestion, it doesn't work, take a break. I have been close to tears and out right crying. I feel for you.

Quote Originally Posted by cjk
    I measured them and they are right for the machine. I keep telling myself I need to step away and come back later... and when I do it's still the same.... But I haven't given up yet!

Did you do a search on it here before you bought it? There have been lots of threads on it. And many unhappy people:<

cjk
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Did you do a search on it here before you bought it? There have been lots of threads on it. And many unhappy people:<
    Sorry to say I didn't... :-( Won't make that mistake again! I had a quilting machine years ago but lost it in a house fire. I can't afford the new ones. Mine was just simple but I loved it. Maybe it's just getting use to moving the frame instead of the machine. :?

cjk
    Sounds like me - I just got a Bailey's Long arm and have had LOTS of trouble getting it set up. I try a suggestion, it doesn't work, take a break. I have been close to tears and out right crying. I feel for you.

Quote Originally Posted by cjk
    I'll swap with ya!
    :lol: Just kidding!

Blog Entries
    don't throw it in a closet. if you really find you don't like it, return it.

[quote=kristen0112]Sounds like me - I just got a Bailey's Long arm and have had LOTS of trouble getting it set up. I try a suggestion, it doesn't work, take a break. I have been close to tears and out right crying. I feel for you.

Poor Kristen. Do you still not have your Bailey working correctly? I feel so badly for you because I love mine. I wish I were closer to you so I could help you figure it out.

Blog Entries
    Do give them a call tomorrow, they have great customer service and will do everything they can to walk you through using this frame :D:D:D

Did you go to the web site and watch the video My husband made my frame just like the flynn had trouble until i watched the video

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have this frame too..didn't like it going in the next yard sale! along with my hinterberg stretch frame!

my son made me a homade one just like the fiyn and i love it i am not real good at it yet ,this is my first quilt ,but i think it will get better as i get use to it

[quote=cheryl222]

Poor Kristen. Do you still not have your Bailey working correctly? I feel so badly for you because I love mine. I wish I were closer to you so I could help you figure it out.
    I wish someone was close to me who could come and help me out :-) I am calling Chuck again tomorrow and if he doesn't have any other ideas he said he'd send me another.

cjk
    Quote Originally Posted by jayelee
    Did you go to the web site and watch the video My husband made my frame just like the flynn had trouble until i watched the video
    Yep, so many times I'm sick of it.

cjk
    Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan
    don't throw it in a closet. if you really find you don't like it, return it.
    Can you do that?

cjk
    Quote Originally Posted by charismah
    I have this frame too..didn't like it going in the next yard sale! along with my hinterberg stretch frame!
    I just hate to give up on it.... It was a B-day gift and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Now I just may be in for some real trouble "myself". I just ordered this frame as a matter of fact it should be here today. The caster "trick" can be done by hubby (thanks for that tip).I didn't research be4 buying on this board as I thought I spend money more "foolish" usually on something else that I would not be out that much if I don't like it. I will let you know how it "works" for me....:)

maybe you need a longer pvc?... I had a Flynn system before, I had pvc pipes longer than the frame was wide; that seemed to help.I really liked it, it does take a little practice, so keep at it.

cjk
    Quote Originally Posted by dungeonquilts
    Now I just may be in for some real trouble "myself". I just ordered this frame as a matter of fact it should be here today. The caster "trick" can be done by hubby (thanks for that tip).I didn't research be4 buying on this board as I thought I spend money more "foolish" usually on something else that I would not be out that much if I don't like it. I will let you know how it "works" for me....:)
    I really hope you have better luck then I have had so far.

Anyone want to sell a Flynn frame?

I saw John at the show in Longmont and really want to give it a try but based on all the talk here don't really want to pay full price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast