Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bought a Flynn Frame (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bought-flynn-frame-t67453.html)

cjk 09-29-2010 01:58 PM

and I've tried for over a week to get the hang of it. It is so frustrating! I spend most of my time trying to get the PVC pipes that came with it in the right place. I can never seem to get them balanced right. There is maybe one place in the middle where I think that maybe it's working the way it's suppose to and my sewing doesn't look like something out of a horror movie! I'm so disappointed with this system. I'm on a budget and this is what I could afford. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm ready to throw it in a closet somewhere! :-(

Quiltforme 09-29-2010 02:17 PM

Email the company the owner will get in touch and walk you through. They are really good at the. Keep trying!!

whinnytoo 09-29-2010 02:18 PM

I had a Flynn frame a few years ago, and gave up with the pvc pipes. Hubby bought some 'chair casters' and drilled holes in the bottom of the frame ends, so the casters would fit in there and it rolled around very nicely!!! Hope this helps......... the pvc was on the floor more than it was on the table LOL

cjk 09-29-2010 02:20 PM

I've watched the video so many times I don't think I can watch it again. He makes it look so easy. But getting those pvc pipes to roll is a headache!

cjk 09-29-2010 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by whinnytoo
I had a Flynn frame a few years ago, and gave up with the pvc pipes. Hubby bought some 'chair casters' and drilled holes in the bottom of the frame ends, so the casters would fit in there and it rolled around very nicely!!! Hope this helps......... the pvc was on the floor more than it was on the table LOL

Wow!! never thought of that! Maybe I'll try it

kristen0112 09-29-2010 02:38 PM

I bought one I didn't have any trouble with that. The orange PVP pipes are they too tall for your machine? Keep trying and good luck

cjk 09-29-2010 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by kristen0112
I bought one I didn't have any trouble with that. The orange PVP pipes are they too tall for your machine? Keep trying and good luck

I measured them and they are right for the machine. I keep telling myself I need to step away and come back later... and when I do it's still the same.... But I haven't given up yet!

kristen0112 09-29-2010 02:51 PM

Sounds like me - I just got a Bailey's Long arm and have had LOTS of trouble getting it set up. I try a suggestion, it doesn't work, take a break. I have been close to tears and out right crying. I feel for you.

Originally Posted by cjk

Originally Posted by kristen0112

I measured them and they are right for the machine. I keep telling myself I need to step away and come back later... and when I do it's still the same.... But I haven't given up yet!

Candace 09-29-2010 02:54 PM

Did you do a search on it here before you bought it? There have been lots of threads on it. And many unhappy people:<

cjk 09-29-2010 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
Did you do a search on it here before you bought it? There have been lots of threads on it. And many unhappy people:<

Sorry to say I didn't... :-( Won't make that mistake again! I had a quilting machine years ago but lost it in a house fire. I can't afford the new ones. Mine was just simple but I loved it. Maybe it's just getting use to moving the frame instead of the machine. :?