Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bought my first longarm!!

Congratulations! I bought mine about 2 months ago and I love it. You will not be sorry. I have quilted several quilts and it runs beautifully and the stitches are perfect. You will not regret it. Enjoy! Bonnie B

You will have a blast. Be patient with the learning curve. When you get frustrated just remember that you are fighting off dementia by challenging your brain cells to learn new things!

Congratulations! This is something I have on my wish list, for now it's just a thought. I'm sure you will learn a lot, and ask this group lots of questions when the need arises. Everyone seems to help each other quite a bit on this site.....

Congrats on your new machine! Do have fun with it, and keep practicing!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Enjoy your longarm...

I bought my Nolting from them also. I hope you enjoy it. Carrie is a great teacher and a lot of help. Good Luck
    Texas raised, Texas Proud

Thank for all the encouragement. The Crown Jewel is going in my dining room for now. Moved the dining table to the side, LOL!! We don't use this formal dining room much. After moving furniture around I have a 15 foot by 7 foot wide cleared space for it. After my 2 boys graduate high school in 2 years it will be going to a bedroom. Today I am preparing quilt sandwiches to practice on this weekend. Also cutting strips for binding since I have to learn to do that also. My longarm training retreat is September 28 and 29th. Thanks for the suggestions to give the practice quilts to an animal shelter. Love this idea!!

Congratulation on your first long arm. Learn as much as you can from classes. My husband bought me Sunshine 16 and there was no classes offer, etc. I truly wish it did so I could enjoy my machine better. Good luck and Enjoy!

Congrats you will have a lot of fun learning to quilt.

Congradulations! I know how it is when I get something new, I feel like a kid with a new toy. I am so excited to get started with it. I know you will love it.

Congratulations! Have fun.

Enjoy your machine

Well, I'm pea green with envy! Congratulations & have fun!
    http://www.thingsthatarenotperfect.blogspot.com/

Lucky you! I wish I had room for a long-arm. I had thought of putting it in the attic playroom, but the ceiling slopes too much to be able to set one up. I will just continue to send some of my quilts to my friend who has one, got to a near by shop and rent one, and do the rest on my dsm.

Blog Entries
    Congrats!!! I just bought a baby jane and majestic frame. Works ok but wish I had spent the extra and gotten the Crown jewel. It was my first quilting machine. I used to hand quilt but fingers don't work as well now. I really like the
    avante but that is so much higher price wise. Hope you enjoy yours.
    and everyone is right. Practice, Practice, Practice.

Congratulations! I have been looking longingly at the Crown Jewel. DH says we don't have room for one, but I told him that nobody ever sits on the sofa in the great room and it would fit perfectly in that spot. So far, he's not falling for it! LOL. I'll keep working on him though. Please post after your training retreat and let us know how wonderful it is.

Good way to make your decision. All the $$ for outsourcing LAQ adds up. If one has the space, time and energy to learn and do their own LAQ, well, good for you. Please keep us posted and keep posting samples of your quilting as you learn.
    Quilting Makes Me Happy...

I figured the same way you did only I bought the Avante. Eventually I will break even! Love the machine.
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

I bought a Crown Jewel at the Cincinnati Quilt Show a little over a year ago and I really love it. I went to the Crown Jewel 4 day class in St. Louis with Kay Capps Cross and really felt comfortable with my machine and frame when I came home. I have done 21 quilts on it so far and also some practice quilts. I do not have the computer. Have used groovey boards, pantographs and now some free motion. I also have learned to use rulers and sometimes make my own pantographs. It is so much fun!!!. Friends have asked me to quilt their quilts for them, but I am not brave enough to do that. I really don't want to spoil the fun of it. I have helped 2 friends learn to use it, but have not rented it out. Don't be afraid to try new things. I practice with my machine turned off for awhile before actually sewing on each quilt. I also practice the pattern on paper with pencil. I hope you enjoy your Jewel as much as I have.
    Beth in Maryland

Congrats! I also looked at that one as well. Enjoy!!

Congratulations!

Congratulations, be sure to take pictures when your new machine is setup and ready to roll.
    Lori - MamaBear

Blog Entries
    Congrats. there is a learning curve with this type of machine,I have been told to play around with my machine on a table top befor putting it on the frame. Most of the problems I have with my machine is operator error.(that sounds funny when I say or type it) I am still learning.But life is just a big class room, is the way I see it.Just practice on a fabric sandwich so you will not be so afraid of messing up one of your quilt tops.Have fun with your new purchase.

Congratulations on your purchase of a Longarm. I also, like drgranny, had class with Carrie. She is a very good teacher. Her class was well structured and we stayed busy for two full days. You will learn lots about the basics of how to use your machine. You will leave there motivated, and that is a sign of a good teacher.

Tomorrow is the big day! I know I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight!
    Have fun with it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast