Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bounce Ironing Spray works awesome!!!!!!!!!

it works sooo great and with the dollar off coupon its only 1.50 or little over

I don't know about Bounce but Best Press has a no scent, which I use if the quilt is going to someone with allergies or may have allergies.

Blog Entries

Bounce Spray

Quote Originally Posted by alwayslearning View Post
    That is my problem. Most products have too much scent added and both my husband and I get sick. What is wrong with natural?
    I also tried this and really like it. I like it better than Best Press, it seems to do a better job in removing the wrinkles.
    I don't think the smell is too over powering.
    Bev
    BEV

Blog Entries
    When I bought the Bounce spray I paid $1.87 per bottle. It was a new promotional item at Walmart so the price was low then. Seems it has almost doubled in price. I'm glad I bought a case at that low price. I got a coupon for a free bottle on the Bounce facebook site when it first came out. Coupons always better on the brands facebook page.
    Got fabric?

I haven't tried or even heard of the Bounce spray. It sounds pretty good.

I have a suggestion for your dilemma with living in Canada. A number of people on the board make their own starch and swear by it. It is less expensive than any starch, including Sta-Flo. Hope this helps. You can always do more searching because there were a lot more listings about starch. Just use starch, corn starch or spray starch for search term.

Hope this helps!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...de-t53662.html

http://debsquiltsandthings.blogspot....Spray%20Starch

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...h-t157146.html
    http://q-nonnie.blogspot.com

I have this rope in my hands. I can't figure out whether I found a rope or lost my horse.

This might be helpful. And for those who asked .. it's a pump!! Thank You Bounce - I refuse to use aerosol. I'll have to check this product out (I'm currently a Best Press user - I dilute it 60%BP 40% water and I buy BP by the gallon as it's cheaper that way).

http://www.bouncefresh.com/beyond-th...roning%20spray

Edited to add: on the link above, if you look to the right there are places where you can get coupons for Bounce products, including the spray.
    Last edited by DogHouseMom; 05-10-2012 at 06:46 AM.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
    (I'm currently a Best Press user - I dilute it 60%BP 40% water and I buy BP by the gallon as it's cheaper that way).

I have mixed Best Press with Bounce spray and have mixed starch with the Bounce and have mixed all three together. I have wonderful degrees of crispness!
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
    Thank You Bounce - I refuse to use aerosol.
    Is the Niagra pump spray starch not available in your area? This is what I use. I'm not averse to other products such as Best Press, but I find that it's more expensive. I'm on the hunt for the Bounce to try it, but if it smells anything like their dryer sheets I probably won't buy it again.

I've tried it too and liked it. I didn't like the bottle it came in as it sprayed a stream so I switched it to a misting bottle and now it works much better. Smells do bother me but this didn't.

Blog Entries
    The bottles I have of it has a stream, spray and off setting.
    Got fabric?

Quote Originally Posted by ceparker View Post
    I just tried this product and am totally amazed how well it works in place of starch. I like to use starch on my fabric before cutting out my pieces....living in Canada purchasing starch is non existent except for aerosol starch. I have friends that go to the states and bring me back Sta Flo....which I love. But in between their visits to the states I will be using Bounce Ironing Spray. Give it a try I'm sure you will all be impressed and the price is good too.
    Where did you buy it? I live in Ontario & hopefully we have it here - WalMart maybe???
    Carol
    Dance like no one is watching

Quote Originally Posted by callen View Post
    Where did you buy it? I live in Ontario & hopefully we have it here - WalMart maybe???
    Carol
    I purchased this at Walmart

I'll have to try that. The starch I have is older and tries to leave a white film, not pretty at all.

thank you for bringing this up , i have heard of bounce ironong spray but have not found it at walmart yet but i will keep looking and try it out

Quote Originally Posted by May in Jersey View Post
    First time I've heard of this product. Is it in a spray pump bottle? May in Jersey
    Ditto. I'd never heard of it before & I thought I was pretty hip on laundry stuff. I usually use sizing instead of starch but I'll have to look for this. Do they have it at Wal-Mart (heck, Rebecca... they have EVERYTHING at Wal-Mart! If you looked hard enough, you could probably find the Hope Diamond there!)?
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

This is the first I've heard of ironing and starching before cutting! One of the many downfalls of not being in a guild I guess. LOL I guess I am just to eager to start a new project that I want to just jump right in! I do press when piecing and sometimes spray a mist of water but it sounds like starch is even better. I am going to have to rein myself in and try starching before I cut the next project and see the difference. I totally enjoy lurking in the background, "listening" to your conversations and learning SO much!

Power Poster
    I just tried this product and am totally amazed how well it works in place of starch. I like to use starch on my fabric before cutting out my pieces....living in Canada purchasing starch is non existent except for aerosol starch. I have friends that go to the states and bring me back Sta Flo....which I love. But in between their visits to the states I will be using Bounce Ironing Spray. Give it a try I'm sure you will all be impressed and the price is good too.
    I have never tried this product but it sounds interesting for a quick use. I usually make my own startch. It works great, is cheap to make and it has no odor.

2 cups boiling water
    2 tab. liquid starch ( I use sta-flo)
    2 cups cold water

Boil the water, remove it from the heat and add the starch and stir it well.
    add the cold water, put it in a spray bottle and shake it up. Store it in the frig.
    until needed. Shake it before use. It will never flake on your clothes and it has no oder.
    The iron glides over the fabric. You can make a heavier starch by adding more of the
    liquid starch at the time you make it. I love it and so do others that I gave this recipe
    to. Hope you try it........... Marty

I use Magic Sizing because it isn't a starch and doesn't flake. I've heard that bugs like starch as well! Does the Bounce flake at all? I would like to try it.

Will have to try this. Thanks for the information.

Yes, I love it too!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

I haven't seen it. I'll have to look harder for it the next time I'm at Walmart. Thanks for the info!!!

When using Best Press do you have to wait for it to dry before ironing the fabric like with regular starch? Thanks for any help.

Blog Entries
    I bought some today and although it works well, I dont think it is worth the price difference between it and non aerosol Niagara.

I'm soooooooooooo mad because so far I can't find this anywhere around here! Grrrrrrrrr!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    I've been looking for it here and can't find it yet. I guess the Tx. panhandle is to back woods. We seem to get all the new items last. But, I'll keep watching. Good to hear you like it.
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast