Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Breathe Aggi.. BReeeathe!!!!

Blog Entries
    Aggi...check on ebay in the buy it nows....thats where I got mine..and for far less than what I woulda' paid a dealer. I HATE when something like that happens!!

It doesn't seem to matter how early in the year I get started, I always seem to run out of time to get everything finished before time to mail packages.

If anyone discovers a way to get more than 24 hours out of a day, please let me know. lol

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    Law 101. I stopped working and that really helps with the time but not so great for the budget.

My problem is that I have sooooo many ideas in mind for special, personalized hand made gifts and I never start until I feel like Christmas is almost here. Oh, well--like they say "it's the thought that counts"...... :mrgreen:

Some things I've "homemade for the holidays" :

Pillow cases - favorite colors or themes

cell phone pouches to hang off the handles of a purse (no more digging through your bag looking for your ringing phone)

shopping bags (quilted and not) for my "green" friends and family members who don't want to use plastic or paper at the store

drawstring laundry bags for college kids or anybody who has to haul stuff to a laundrymat or a drycleaner

wild ironing board covers for sewing friends (made one that looked like a surfboard for a friend who lives by the ocean)

double-sided flannel scarves with winter appliques (think snowmen, pinecones and berries, sportsteams) and then make rag fringe for the ends

hope some of these ideas help.

jeanie in indiana

I found a foot!!! I called my Singer dealer actually (I know him well as I send alot of business his way with my students) Although he is not a Husqvarna Dealer, he does have contacts. I called him first thing this morning when his stored opened. He called me back at my office within a couple hours. he can order one for me and it could arrive by Friday. THANK GAWD! I'll be quilting like a nut again this weekend!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
    I found a foot!!! I called my Singer dealer actually (I know him well as I send alot of business his way with my students) Although he is not a Husqvarna Dealer, he does have contacts. I called him first thing this morning when his stored opened. He called me back at my office within a couple hours. he can order one for me and it could arrive by Friday. THANK GAWD! I'll be quilting like a nut again this weekend!!!!

It helps to know the right people -- I'm so glad for you!!

Great ideas, Jeanie. Welcome from the Ozarks :D

First, Aggi, I want to say that you are not alone. In order to make all the patterns that catch my eye, I would have to live about 245 years.

Second, you can solve your meat packing problems by shipping it to me. LOL.

BUT........don't forget your UFO for the challenge. (or have you finished it already??)

Kapatt:
    Somewhere on the board some weeks ago someone said she made breadbasket bags and someone else said they would get a basket, make a rice bag heater bag for the bottom of the basket then put the breadbag on top of the ricebag and Joila, a really great, useful gift. Well, I went to Joann's last night and got a basket (50% off on all their baskets in our store), I had a yard of fabric, stopped at the Dollar store and bought a pound of rice and this morning in less than 1 hour I made a hostess breadbasket ricebag heated bread bag and it's darling. I'm going to use this for many, many hostess, shower, I Love you, special occasion gifts that come up frequently. In total the basket I made for my DS cost under $10.00 . See the picture under the picture thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston1954
    First, Aggi, I want to say that you are not alone. In order to make all the patterns that catch my eye, I would have to live about 245 years.

Second, you can solve your meat packing problems by shipping it to me. LOL.

BUT........don't forget your UFO for the challenge. (or have you finished it already??)
    Its not finished yet.. but I am sewing the rows together HOPEFULLY tonight!!! I have the sinking feeling it is not going to be done in time :( sniff sniff

Quote Originally Posted by Feathers
    Kapatt:
    Somewhere on the board some weeks ago someone said she made breadbasket bags and someone else said they would get a basket, make a rice bag heater bag for the bottom of the basket then put the breadbag on top of the ricebag and Joila, a really great, useful gift. Well, I went to Joann's last night and got a basket (50% off on all their baskets in our store), I had a yard of fabric, stopped at the Dollar store and bought a pound of rice and this morning in less than 1 hour I made a hostess breadbasket ricebag heated bread bag and it's darling. I'm going to use this for many, many hostess, shower, I Love you, special occasion gifts that come up frequently. In total the basket I made for my DS cost under $10.00 . See the picture under the picture thread.
    I did start making 2 sets of heirloom pillow cases last night (no quilting foot required for that). They make really pretty gifts! I'll post a photo when I complete them.

My foot has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well I don't have it yet, but I did get the phone call that the foot has arrived in the shop and I can pick it up... Guess what I'm doing after work!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see from your blog you like to cook. How about making up your scone mix in jars, adding pretty fabric on lid and tying with salvedge edge of fabric ragged, or soup...who wouldnt love to have a jar of homemade soup , or some cookie mix in a jar....how about a small basket, with fabric liner and a few homemade items in it....maybe a good book and homemade bookmark and homemade fudge or little candle to light...some dried herbs from garden in little homemade bag. Everything doesnt have to be big and expensive...I love small homemade, thoughtful...."little pleasures" :)

Margie

Margie: Love your ideas...will probably use them in the coming weeks. Thank you.

Aggi, are you breathing yet????

Quote Originally Posted by Margie
    I see from your blog you like to cook. How about making up your scone mix in jars, adding pretty fabric on lid and tying with salvedge edge of fabric ragged, or soup...who wouldnt love to have a jar of homemade soup , or some cookie mix in a jar....how about a small basket, with fabric liner and a few homemade items in it....maybe a good book and homemade bookmark and homemade fudge or little candle to light...some dried herbs from garden in little homemade bag. Everything doesnt have to be big and expensive...I love small homemade, thoughtful...."little pleasures" :)

Margie
    Margie you have some great ideas there!! Yes those scones were delicious!! I'll have to make up another batch for the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Margie

Margie
    I also found a great biscotti recipe I want to try for some gifts too. Mum loves biscotti, so I think I might make some up for her stocking! :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2