Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bridal shower ideas >

Bridal shower ideas

Bridal shower ideas

Old 06-07-2011, 06:27 PM

that is what I used. I made the inside and outside one piece though so just folded the bottom and had to sew up the sides. I had a lot to make so did not put a flat bottom. They are the perfect size for like a cell phone or small camera. I put colored m&m in them (in little zip locks)

the two bigger ones have handles for the ring bearer
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208436[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-208430.jpe  
Old 06-07-2011, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by sandyo
that is what I used. I made the inside and outside one piece though so just folded the bottom and had to sew up the sides. I had a lot to make so did not put a flat bottom. They are the perfect size for like a cell phone or small camera. I put colored m&m in them (in little zip locks)
I am one of those who can not understand directions without seeing them worked out. But you said you mand the inside and outside one piece, you mean you did not use a liner?
Old 06-08-2011, 03:36 AM

sorry I do not explain well. I did not piece the outside like the tute said. I used 2 rectangles one for the inside and out. Just one less seam. To simplify I did a few other changes. I put the wrong sides together and tucked in the short ends toward each other about an inch. This is where the pocket is sewn then for the tape. On the tute she had sewn the right sides together then turned right sides out to give it a nice finish before folding to the inside. I just did like a serge to sew it together to give it a finished edge. Most of these changes were just to make it a little easier due to the fact I made over 30 of them. If you want I can make some photos. Good luck. They are real simple when you get your plan going.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:49 AM

Mug Rugs with wedding date on embroidered or printed on would be fun.

Mini-Bridal tote bags to carry their make-up the day of the wedding

Small hankie with the date embroidered or printed on

A small cinch pouch with nice smelling potpori*(spelling) or red, black and white m&m's in it

That is about all I can think of. Wedding are so much fun have fun planning.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:15 PM

sorry I do not explain well. I did not piece the outside like the tute said. I used 2 rectangles one for the inside and out. Just one less seam. To simplify I did a few other changes. I put the wrong sides together and tucked in the short ends toward each other about an inch. This is where the pocket is sewn then for the tape. On the tute she had sewn the right sides together then turned right sides out to give it a nice finish before folding to the inside. I just did like a serge to sew it together to give it a finished edge. Most of these changes were just to make it a little easier due to the fact I made over 30 of them. If you want I can make some photos. Good luck. They are real simple when you get your plan going.
Yes, i would love to see photos! thank you so much!
Old 06-08-2011, 12:57 PM

If you have Dollar Tree Stores they carry the men's metal tape measure you need for just $1.00. And you can make alot of the snap bags from just one tape measure!!!

These are hits, people love them. Even men who like to pop them open and closed. And then when they find out you used a metal tape measure in it,well wow.....
Kat
Old 06-08-2011, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by GreatStarter
If you have Dollar Tree Stores they carry the men's metal tape measure you need for just $1.00. And you can make alot of the snap bags from just one tape measure!!!

These are hits, people love them. Even men who like to pop them open and closed. And then when they find out you used a metal tape measure in it,well wow.....
Kat
I would love to have someone who has made these be with me. I am so clutzy. Thanks, I will try to make them.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:03 PM

I would find an easy tut and make luggage tags. They are great for everyone and they don't scream "I am from a quilter".
Old 06-08-2011, 03:10 PM

So were are you located? this is how I make mine real simple.

2 rectagles same size with wrong size together
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208785[/ATTACH]

ends folded in about 1" on both ends, orange folded back just to show the fold better
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208786[/ATTACH]

sew two seams one close to end the other making a pocket big enough to fit tape mesure
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208787[/ATTACH]

fold in half with outside together and serge and sew the side seams, I reinforced the top with backstitching
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208788[/ATTACH]

insert tape measure before you sew both sides. then just turn right sides out. The tape measure needs to be about 1/2" shorter than the bag.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208794[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-208779.jpe   attachment-208780.jpe   attachment-208781.jpe   attachment-208782.jpe   attachment-208788.jpe  

Old 06-12-2011, 01:27 PM

So were are you located? this is how I make mine real simple.
Sandyo

I made a bag! Thank you so much for your help. How did you get the handles on yours with the metal where you would sew?